How to refund a guest
You can refund a guest part of their trip price because of a trip issue or inconvenience. You can reimburse them for an expense they incurred on your behalf. For example, a parking fee paid at the vehicle pick-up location or the cost of a can of oil or new windshield wipers.
Follow these instructions to refund or reimburse a guest.
- Send the guest a note in Turo messaging confirming you want to refund or reimburse them.
- In the note, give a reason and list the amount.
- Instruct the guest to contact Billing once the trip ends.
- Send them this link to chat with a Billing agent.
- Tell the guest to point the agent to your note in Turo messaging and to be ready to submit a photo of their receipt.
- Once an agent confirms the request is valid, they’ll issue the funds to the guest and subtract the amount from your earnings