Who’s required to get an inspection?
- All hosts in the US and Canada must get an annual vehicle safety inspection from a qualified mechanic.
- All hosts in the UK must confirm annual vehicle servicing and pass an MOT test where required.
When’s my vehicle’s inspection due?
- You can always see the inspection due date on the Safety inspections tab on the Your car page.
- We’ll also post a notification on the Your car page starting the month before your vehicle’s inspection is due.
- New listings will have an inspection due date at month’s end three months after the listing date.
- New listings of a vehicle with a model year greater than or equal to the previous calendar year will be due for inspection at month’s end 12 months after the listing date.
- A vehicle’s next inspection will be due at month’s end 12 months from the date of the previous inspection.
- If you submitted a valid "Required maintenance inspection checklist" for a safety or maintenance issue within 12 months of your annual inspection due date, you can submit that checklist on your vehicle’s Safety inspections tab to satisfy your annual inspection requirement.
- Your next annual inspection will be due 12 months, at month end, from the date of that required maintenance inspection.
- If you miss the inspection due date:
- We’ll remove your vehicle from search
- Booked and in-progress trips can continue as planned
- Once you submit your inspection, your vehicle will be visible in search and eligible for new bookings.
How do I submit an inspection?
Follow these steps to submit an inspection.
- Open the Safety inspections tab on the Your car page to download and print out the “Annual vehicle safety inspection” checklist.
- A copy of this checklist is also attached at the bottom of this article.
- You can submit an alternative inspection checklist (e.g. state-required inspection forms and dealership forms, etc.) as long as it includes all the requirements listed on Turo’s checklist.
- Give this checklist to the mechanic to follow and complete.
- Return to the Safety inspections tab and tap “Add inspection.”
- Fill in a short form, upload a PDF or photo of the completed checklist, and tap “Submit.”