If you disregard Turo guidelines or violate policies, you may be charged a penalty fee. Turo may also charge a processing fee for some actions. If you cancel a trip outside of the free cancellation period or fail to show up for a booked trip, Turo will charge you a cancellation fee. See a summary of guest fees below and open the links for further details.
- Additional distance fee: If you exceed the mileage included in your trip, your host can charge you an additional distance fee for each added mile/kilometre driven.
- Claims processing fee: If you or your host files a vehicle damage claim and have Turo handle it, we’ll charge you a claims processing fee. There are no fees if you and your host resolve the claim independently.
- Cleaning policy violation: If you return the car unreasonably dirty, you may be charged a cleaning fee.
- Moderate cleaning - up to $50*
- Heavy cleaning - $100*
- Severe cleaning - $150*
- Pet cleaning/policy violation - $150*
- Multiple cleaning issues - $250*
- EV recharging fee: If you return an electric vehicle with missing electric charge, your host can charge you a fee of $50* for a 0%–20% remaining charge, $20* for a 21%–%50 remaining charge, and $10* for a 51%–80% remaining charge.
- Gas replacement convenience fee: If you fail to replace the gas before returning a vehicle, your host can charge you a $10* convenience fee in addition to their cost to replace the gas.
- Gray market policy violation: If you make payment outside of Turo for charges meant to be handled via the platform, we’ll charge you a $150 processing fee plus liquidated damages of $5,500* as per our Terms of service.
- Guest cancellation fee (outside the free period): If your trip is less than 2 days long, we’ll charge you 50% of one day’s average trip cost + 50% of any delivery fee. If your trip is 2 days or longer, we’ll charge you one day’s average trip cost + 50% of any delivery fee.
- Guest no-show fee: If your trip is less than 2 days long, we’ll charge you 75% of one day’s average trip cost + 50% of any delivery fee. If your trip is 2 days or longer, we’ll charge you two day’s average trip cost + 50% of any delivery fee.
- Improper return fee: Turo may charge you a $50* improper return fee if you fail to respond to requests to return a vehicle, abandon a vehicle, force a trip cancellation, or for other reasons we determine.
- Late return fee: If you return a vehicle 2 hours or more past the trip’s scheduled end time, your host can charge you a $20* fee, in addition to the cost of your additional use of the vehicle.
- Pet policy violation: If you return a vehicle with an excessive amount of pet hair or if you transport a pet without permission in a vehicle not labeled as “pet friendly,” your host can charge you a pet cleaning fee of $150*.
- No smoking policy violation: Neither you nor your passengers may smoke in any vehicle on Turo. Penalties range from a $50* fee to removal from the platform.
*Values are in CAD for Canada, £ for the UK, and US$ for the US and all other countries.