Reporting guests who smoke
You have up to 72 hours after a trip ends to report a smoking issue. If a guest returns your car with physical evidence of smoking, you can report the issue in app and charge a $250* smoking violation fee. If the evidence supports an eligible smoking issue, we’ll charge the guest a $250 violation fee, add those funds to your host earnings, and remove the guest from Turo. The presence of a smoking odor only is not an eligible issue. Read the details of your rights and responsibilities with regard to Turo’s No smoking policy.
Submitting a smoking issue report
To report a smoking issue, log onto the Turo app and follow these steps:
- Choose the trip that has a smoking issue.
- Open the trip Details page and tap the "Report Issue" button.
- Select “Smoking violation.”
- Tap “Add photos” to upload photos or take new photos.
- You'll need pre- and post-trip photos taken no more than 24 hours before the trip started and 24 hours after the trip ended.
- Turo Go hosts can attach post-trip photos only.
- You must supply sufficient evidence for Turo to charge a violation fee and remove the guest.
- Write a message to Customer Support (optional).
- Tap “Report issue” and “Confirm” your report.
- Allow Turo’s Customer Support 48 hours to review the issue and notify you of the outcome or review the issue status in the My Tickets dropdown in the Help Center.
*Values are in CA$ for Canada, £ for the UK, and in US$ for the US and all other countries