Charging a guest for driving over the distance limit
You have up to 72 hours after a trip ends to charge your guest for every additional mile or kilometre they drove beyond the distance included in their trip.
Follow these instructions to send an additional distance reimbursement invoice to a guest.
- Take and upload to Trip photos clear pictures of the car’s odometer taken no more than 24 hours before trip start and 24 hours after trip end.
- Turo Go hosts can either upload pre- and post-trip photos or enter the odometer reading in the app at the start and end of the trip.
- Open the trip Details page and tap “Charge for incidentals” to create the invoice.
Enter the number of extra miles/kilometres driven.
- The system will auto-fill the cost per mi/km.
- We calculate cost per mi/km when the trip is booked by dividing your daily price by your daily distance.
- Allow the guest 48 hours to pay or dispute the invoice.
- If the guest pays the invoice, we’ll issue the funds to your trip earnings.
- If the guest disputes the invoice, you have 72 hours to either 1) cancel the invoice; 2) submit a new invoice with clarifying information to try and resolve the issue; OR 3) escalate to customer support. After 72 hours, the invoice will auto-escalate to customer support. An agent will review and resolve the issue and notify you of the outcome. If we approve the invoice, you’ll receive a percentage of the approved requested amount according to your protection plan for the trip.
- If a guest disregards the invoice, it’ll auto-escalate to customer support for review and resolution by an agent who’ll notify you of the outcome. If we approve the invoice, you’ll receive a percentage of the approved requested amount according to your protection plan for the trip.