How to update your vehicle protection plan
You can change your vehicle protection plan at any time, however, the change won’t be applied to pending trip requests or to booked or in-progress trips. You can choose different plans for different vehicles; however, you can’t decline protection for some of your vehicles and choose a plan for others. If you choose to decline protection, you must provide your own commercial rental insurance to yourself and to guests as a Commercial Host.
To update your vehicle protection plan, follow these instructions:
- Log onto the Turo app or turo.com and from the Host hub at the top, choose “Vehicles.”
- Select “Edit listing” to open the vehicle listing.
- From the left sidebar choose “Vehicle protection.”
In the US
- Use the plan picker at the top of the screen under “Select new plan” to see how the different plan elements change based on your selection. The full details of host protection and all plans, are available in this detailed explanation of US host protection plans.
- When you’re ready to make a selection, tap “Choose this plan.”
- To apply the plan to the individual vehicle, tap “Just this car.”
- To apply the plan to all cars in the fleet, tap “All cars.”
In Canada and the UK
- If you plan to offer your own commercial rental insurance as a Commercial Host, remove Standard protection by choosing “Decline protection.”
- If you’re a Commercial Host who now wants to operate as a peer-to-peer host, choose “Standard protection.”
- Confirm your choice and submit the change.