What are trust and safety issues?
The safety of our hosts and guests is our number one concern. A trust and safety issue is anything that could interfere with our goal of keeping Turo safe, secure, and fraud free. If you can’t use Turo because of a trust and safety issue, we can’t offer you an explanation. Our customer support agents don’t have access to and can’t tell you the specific reason why we’re preventing you from using Turo. We don’t disclose the details of our screening measures to anyone. If we did, they wouldn’t be effective.
I was approved. Why did that change?
Turo screens you when you create an account. We screen you again when you book a car. After that, screenings are ongoing and can be triggered by many things and may prompt us to deny you access to or remove you from Turo. This explains why you may have been approved but then not allowed to book a car. Or, why you may have been able to book a car but then had the trip canceled by Turo.
How can I resolve this issue?
If we’ve stopped you from booking a car or canceled your trip because of a trust and safety issue, we’d have sent you an email explaining this. You may be able to appeal our decision. If that’s true for you, the email we sent would include instructions for how to do so. If we didn’t offer you the option to appeal, that means that our decision is final and cannot be changed.
What do I do if my account is on hold for review?
If you’re unable to use Turo because your account is being reviewed, we may have sent you an email explaining this. Check your inbox and spam/junk mail folder for such an email from Turo. It will give you complete instructions for resolving this issue.
Depending on the reason for the review, you may need to go through our approval process again. Or we may simply need some additional documentation from you. In some cases, the issue can’t be resolved, and you’ll be unable to book or list a car on Turo. Contact our Verification team if you cannot find an email advising you of the issue and what steps to take.
I have to get reapproved. What do I do?
If we told you that you must get reapproved to drive, you should take the steps listed below. Only take these photos and submit them to us if we explicitly asked you to do so for reapproval.
- Take the following photos for identity verification:
- Your driver’s license
- A selfie of you holding your driver’s license next to your face
- Your passport, open to its ID page (only if you’re an applicant from outside the US, the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario, or Quebec, Germany, or the UK)
- The payment card you most recently uploaded on Turo
- Reply to the email we sent you.
- Attach the photos in your reply.
- Do not paste your photos into the body of your email.
- Do not submit links to files located on your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Chat with a Verification agent.
- You can upload the requested photos in the chat session.
How long does an account review take?
Once you submit the information we ask for, we can generally complete the review within 24-48 hours.