Verifying your payment card
To book a car on Turo, you must have a current, eligible payment card listed on your account. We accept credit and debit cards but don’t accept prepaids cards, except for Revolut. When you request to book a trip, we send your payment card information to your bank. Your bank accepts or denies the transaction. If we’ve prevented you from booking a trip because of a problem with your card, it’s likely due to one of these reasons:
- You’re using a prepaid card that we don’t accept. The only prepaid card we accept is Revolut.
- Your billing address is incorrect.
- We process the billing address and card number exactly as you enter it. Then your bank determines whether they can verify the card. A problem with an address is the most common verification issue.
- Some banks are very particular about the address format. Check your billing statement or call your bank to get the exact address format for your card.
- If the problem is with your zip code, try any previous addresses or try the bank's zip code. '
- Your payment method issuer or bank has placed a hold on your card.
Whatever the case, we can’t verify or accept a card if your bank denies the transaction. If we can’t verify or accept your card, we recommend that you contact your card issuer for further details. Or you can enter a different payment method following the instructions below.
Updating your payment method
You can update your payment method at any time. To enter a new payment card or to update information for the card currently on file, follow these instructions.
- Log onto Turo and open your Account page.
- Scroll down to the Payment section.
- Tap “Update.”
- Enter your complete payment information and “Save.”