Verifying your payment card
If you’ve received an online message that there’s a problem with your card or that it can’t be verified, it typically means one of three things:
- You’re using a prepaid card that we don’t accept.
- The only prepaid card we accept is Revolut.
- Your billing address is incorrect.
- We process the billing address and card number exactly as you enter it. Then your bank determines whether the card can be verified. Most verification issues are tied to a problem with the address.
- Some banks are very particular about the address format. Check your billing statement or call your bank to get the exact address format for your card.
- If the problem is with your zip code, try any previous addresses or try the bank's zip code.
- Your payment method issuer or bank has placed a hold on your card.
Whatever the case, we can’t verify or accept a card if your bank denies the transaction. If we can’t verify or accept your card, we recommend that you contact your card issuer for further details. Or you can enter a different payment method. See the instructions below for updating or your payment method.
Updating your payment method
You can update your payment method at any time. To enter a new payment card or to update information for the card currently on file, follow these instructions.
- Log onto Turo and open your Account page.
- Scroll down to the Payment section.
- Tap “Update.”
- Enter your complete payment information and “Save.”