About car sharing agreements
We create a car sharing agreement for each US trip. The agreement, in combination with the Trip Details, outlines the terms and conditions you and your guest agree to follow.
We generate a copy of the agreement as soon as your guest submits their trip request. Once you accept the request, we update the document with the car’s license plate number and VIN (if available). If your guest adds any additional drivers on the trip, we’ll update the agreement to include their name. However, the primary guest bears all responsibility for your vehicle and the trip.
How to access a car sharing agreement
To view and print the car sharing agreement for a trip:
- Log onto Turo.com or to the Turo mobile app.
- Tap the Trips tab.
- Choose “Booked” or “History.”
- Find the Trip and “View details.”
- Access the agreement.
- On the app: Tap “Vehicle documents.”
- On the web: Tap “View car sharing agreement.”
- Tap the “Print” command at the top of the screen.
Benefits of the car sharing agreement
The car sharing agreement helps you enforce the terms and conditions of a trip. You might find it useful in these situations:
- Resolving a claim independently with your guest. If your guest damages your vehicle, you might find it easier to work out the claim between the two of you. This agreement provides proof to your guest’s insurance company that the guest agreed to the terms of service for their trip. It also gives details of your vehicle that are tied to the car’s value.
- Filing a police report for a late return. In the unlikely event that your guest is particularly late returning your vehicle, you may be advised to file a police report. The car sharing agreement is proof of the arrangement you made with the guest for their use of your vehicle.