Can I get reimbursed for expenses?
You can request certain expense reimbursements from your host. For example, you can ask for reimbursement if you paid for a ride sharing service to pick up the car because your host was unable to deliver it as planned. Or if you replaced the windshield wiper blades with your host’s permission. You’re not eligible for reimbursement of costs that you incur as a normal part of a trip. Items such as replacing the fuel, paying for tickets and tolls, or cleaning a car are your responsibility.
How do I request reimbursement from my host?
To request an expense reimbursement from your host, follow these steps:
- Contact your host in Turo messaging to ask if they’ll agree to reimburse you for an expense.
- It’s essential that you get their agreement in writing in Turo messaging.
- Doing so allows us to issue you payment quickly.
- Once you have your host’s OK, contact customer support or reach out directly to chat with a Billing agent.
- As long as the agent can see in Turo messaging that an agreement is in place, they’ll use the host’s funds to reimburse you for the agreed-upon amount.
- If your host doesn’t agree to reimburse you, we’ll be unable to help. You must work out the issue between the two of you.