How review responses work
We give you two possible opportunities to respond to a guest’s written review:
- When you submit your review.
- If your guest has already submitted theirs, we’ll let you know. You can read their review and respond immediately.
- If your guest hasn’t submitted their review by the time you submit yours or you later decide to respond to a written review, you can do so via the Host Hub.
- You can also respond to automated cancellation reviews there.
- You can respond to a review up to 30 days after it’s been published.
- You can respond to a review only once, and your response can be up to 500 characters in length.
- Once you submit your response, you can’t edit or delete it.
- Responses are public, so anyone visiting Turo can read what you’ve written.
- Your response should be in line with the guidelines of our Review policy. If it isn’t, we may remove it.
- You’re not able to respond to ratings for which a guest hasn’t written a review.
- We don’t display individual ratings that don’t include a written review on your public profile.
How to respond to a review
Follow these steps to respond to a guest’s review:
- From the review, tap the prompt “Leave public response.”
- Use up to 500 characters to write your response.
- If you need help responding, tap the prompt “Need tips on what to say?”
- See our suggestions below for writing an effective response.
- You won’t be able to edit or delete your response once it’s published.
What to say in your response
Your response to your guest’s review is public, so it can be read by anyone, including future guests. Keep these suggestions in mind when writing your response:
- Use this opportunity to thank your guest and invite them to come back.
- Be polite, professional, and empathetic.
- Note any concerns your guest raised, and let them know you’ve heard their feedback.