The Reimbursement tool and the Claims resolution center are available to hosts who’ve chosen a Turo protection plan. Hosts should use the Reimbursement tool to request guest repayment for most post-trip incidentals. They should use the Claims resolution center to file a damage claim. These features aren’t available to Commercial Hosts.
Hosts may use the Reimbursement tool for requests for:
- Excess mileage
- Tickets and tolls
Claims resolution tool
Hosts should use the Claims resolution center for:
- Interior and external damages
- Mechanical damages to the vehicle
- Key replacements
The Reimbursement tool and Resolution tool cannot be used to file for:
- Payments for anything other than the reasons listed above
- Wear and tear
- Pre-existing damages or issues with the vehicle interior and/or exterior
- Reopen or double charge a guest for a previously resolved case
- Costs for payment processing, time, and anything outside of Turo's policies
- Fees for inconvenience outside of what Turo already charges
- Using the incorrect field choice (such as using “Fuel” to request cleaning reimbursement or damage)**
If a host misuses the Reimbursement tool, Turo will:
- deny the request
- refund the guest’s payment by taking it back from the host
- fine the host $50** per transaction
Turo reserves the right to increase this fine in the event the case includes other policy violations as stated on our Fees and Fines page.
A host’s misuse of the Claims resolution center is covered in our Material misrepresentation policy.
Multiple reports of misuse will be grounds for permanent removal from Turo.
* Cleaning and smoking reports may be manually processed in certain high-cost situations.
**Values in Canadian dollars (CAD) for trips in Canada. They’re in euros (€) for trips in Germany and all countries in the eurozone. Values are in pounds (£) for trips in the United Kingdom. They’re in US dollars (US$) everywhere else, including locations where Turo is available outside of the United States.