Follow our eligibility requirements
- List a gas, diesel, hybrid, or electric-powered vehicle that seats eight or fewer people. In some regions, host may list light trucks, cargo vans, and “specialty” and “classic” cars.
- Commit to sharing your vehicle exclusively on Turo. You may not list a car you’ve already listed on another car sharing platform or share your Turo-listed car on another site.
- Submit your car’s vehicle identification number (VIN). You’ll be unable to list if your car’s VIN matches another vehicle in our system or links to an open safety recall for your car.
List a car
- Write a great description and follow our guidelines for listing photos.
- Offer Extras. These are conveniences or physical items that make a guest’s trip more delightful. We auto-opt all new vehicle listings into the “Prepaid refuel” Extra, giving you the chance to earn more by offering guests this popular convenience.
- Set your own price per day or opt into Automatic Pricing. It auto-adjusts your car’s price based on demand, market, car type, and other factors.
- Attract more guests by offering early bird and 3+ day, 7+ day, and 30+ day trip duration discounts. Consider setting custom prices for certain days or for certain guests.
- Set delivery when you create your listing or add it at any time. Make your car available for pickup and drop off at up to 10 popular places near your car’s location.
- Set your car’s availability and the hours you can do pickup and returns.
- Get more requests that work for you by adjusting your trip preferences. Choose how far in advance you want to receive trip requests and how long you want the trips to be.
- With Book Instantly, guests can book your vehicle without your approving their trip request. All guests must meet our eligibility requirements for age, license validity, and identity verification. Guests must meet higher age requirements and additional requirements to book high value vehicles.
- Set your trip earnings and vehicle protection level by choosing a protection plan available through Turo. We opt all newly listed vehicles into the 75 plan in the US, the standard plan in Canada, and the 75 plan in the UK. You can change your plan at any time. If you decline a plan, you must offer your own commercial rental or liability insurance to guests as a Commercial Host.
- Turo is primarily a person-to-person car sharing platform. But rental car companies can share their fleets by offering commercial rental insurance to guests. Commercial Hosts remain responsible for any legal obligations, permits, airport permits, taxes, or fees that would otherwise apply to them.
Manage trip bookings
- Respond promptly to accept or decline guests’ trip requests. We’ll send you a notification with the trip details and the time the request expires. The amount of time you’ll have to respond depends on how far in advance the guest submitted the request.
- If a guest makes a request 10 hours or more before the trip start time, you’ll have eight hours to respond.
- If a guest makes a request with less lead time, you’ll have less time to respond.
- If a guest makes a request between 8 pm and 2 am, you'll have until 10 am to respond.
- If you don’t accept or decline the request, it'll expire, and the system won’t book the trip.
- Respond promptly to guests' requests to extend or shorten a trip or to make other trip changes. You’ll have up to 12 hours to respond to trip change requests, depending on the lead time. We’ll send you a notification with the change requested and the time the request expires. If you don’t accept or decline the request within the given timeframe, the request will expire.
- Meet your guest in person or do a contactless check-in (unless it’s a Turo Go trip. Either way, you’ll need to verify your guest’s license, document your car’s condition, and hand your guest or give them access to the vehicle’s keys — even if the vehicle is equipped with remote locking and unlocking.
- Check your eligibility for Turo Go. The Turo Go device connects to the Turo app. It allows hosts to remotely unlock their vehicle for guests. It also geolocates a vehicle, making for a smoother, safer experience for hosts and guests. It’s available in select markets only.
- Designate a custodian to help manage your vehicle listings and trips if needed. They must have their own Turo account, and we must approve them as a custodian.
- Avoid canceling trips unless it’s absolutely necessary. If you must cancel, do it as soon as possible and notify your guest immediately after. We charge a fine to hosts who cancel with short notice.
Maintain your vehicle
- Vehicles must meet our maintenance requirements to be listed and stay listed on our platform. We may temporarily restrict your listing and ask for a mechanic’s report if we learn of a quality, safety, or maintenance issue.
- Vehicles must be registered and follow all applicable national and local laws. You must be honest about a vehicle’s condition, features, and protection plans. We might fine you or remove earnings if you don’t meet these conditions. We consider this vehicle misrepresentation.
Follow through after the trip
- US Payment schedule. For your first trip, we’ll initiate an ACH payment (like a direct bank deposit) for your share of the trip price 72 hours after the trip ends. For all subsequent trips, we’ll initiate payment three hours after the trip ends.
- Non-US Payment schedule. For your first trip, we’ll make a PayPal payout for your share of the trip price 72 hours after the trip ends. For all subsequent trips, we’ll initiate payment 24 hours after the trip ends.
- Submit reimbursement invoices for incidental costs of refueling, additional distance, tickets or toll charges. Use the Turo app to report and charge for cleaning and smoking issues and to report vehicle late returns and charge for additional usage.
- Check your car for damage and take pictures to document the car’s condition post-trip. If you discover damage, you have up to 24 hours after the trip ends to report it at turo.com/resolutions.
If you’re unsure what to do or need help, contact us. We’re happy to answer your questions.