About Turo Go
If you book a Turo Go car, you can check in remotely and unlock the car directly from the Turo app. Filter your vehicle search for ”App Unlock” to find available Turo Go cars in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, and the UK. We plan to expand Turo Go to more parts of the US soon. You must download and use the Turo mobile app for trips in a Turo Go car.
Picking up the car
You’re responsible for a Turo Go car beginning at the scheduled trip start time until the trip ends. If you’re running late for check-in, let us know. The car will be available to you for up to 12 hours after the scheduled trip start time. If you don’t begin your trip within those 12 hours, we’ll cancel your trip, and you won’t receive a refund.
If there’s a ticket on your Turo Go car when you arrive or you’re unhappy with the vehicle’s condition, do the following:
- In the US: Call the Turo Go team at (415) 463-3200.
- In the UK: Use in-app Turo messaging to let your host know. Then call the UK Turo Go team at 0808 164 1454.
Finding the car
Hosts provide basic details about where the vehicle is located and how to access it. The app will give you directions to the vehicle and show you a map with its current location. You’ll be able to unlock the car and check in directly with the app. You’ll need Wi-Fi or cellular data to check in for your trip.
It’s essential that you take photos to document the vehicle’s condition before starting your trip. Take photos of the fuel gauge and the odometer to show pre-trip fuel level and mileage. Take interior and exterior photos from different angles. Be sure to capture any pre-existing damage so you won’t be held responsible.
Returning the car
Return the vehicle as close as possible to the original pick up spot. Take photos of your drop-off location and a photo of the lot number. Park in a safe, legal spot. If the vehicle is ticketed or towed within 24 hours of the scheduled trip end, you’ll be responsible. Make sure to return the key. If it’s lost or stolen, you may be responsible for the cost of replacement.
Besides documenting the vehicle’s return location, take post-trip photos of the vehicle's condition. Again, take a photo of the fuel gauge and the odometer. Take photos of the same areas from the same angles as you did pre-trip to allow for easy comparison in case of a damage claim.
If you need more time for your trip, notify the host and request an extension. If you try to start a Turo Go car after the trip time ends, the engine will not turn on. Get in touch with our Turo Go team if you’re running late and the car won’t start. In the US, call (415) 463-3200. In the UK, call 0808 164 1454. If you return the car late, we may charge for the additional usage.
If you can’t get the device to work, try these troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure you have Wi-Fi or cellular data to unlock the car at the start of the trip.
- If you’ve logged out or closed the app, you may also need to access Wi-Fi or cellular data to access Turo Go controls.
- Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Be sure that you’re standing next to the driver’s side door.
- Try to close and restart the app.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app. If not, update it.
- Keys with technology interfere with the Turo Go device. If you’re not using a key to operate or lock the vehicle, store it in the protective pouch.
If these troubleshooting measures fail, call our US Turo Go team at (415) 463-3200 or our UK Turo Go team at 0808 164 1454.