About Turo Go
With Turo Go, you can use the Turo app to book, locate, and unlock your ride. Filter for Turo Go cars for available cars nearby and accessible right from your phone.
Turo Go is available in Los Angeles, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area, and for select vehicles in the UK. We plan to expand to more parts of the US soon.
Checking in and out
Picking up the car
You’re responsible for the vehicle the moment the trip starts, so it’s important to show up on time. The car will be available to you for up to 12 hours after the scheduled trip start time. If you don’t begin your trip within those 12 hours, we’ll cancel your trip, and you won’t receive a refund. Try to stay in contact if you’re running late!
If there’s a ticket on the car when you get there or you’re unhappy with the car’s condition, call our Turo Go team at (415) 463-3200.
If you discover a ticket or are dissatisfied with the car’s condition, use in-app Turo messaging to let your host know. Then call the UK Turo Go team at 0808 164 1454.
Finding the car
Hosts provide basic details about where the vehicle is located and how to access it. The app will give you directions to the vehicle and show you a map with its current location. You’ll be able to unlock the car and check in directly with the app. You’ll only need Wi-Fi or cellular data to check in at the beginning of the trip.
It’s very important that you document the vehicle’s condition before starting your trip. Take photos from different angles. Be sure to capture any pre-existing damage.
Returning the car
Return the vehicle as close as possible to the original pick up spot. Take photos of your drop off location and a photo of the lot number. Park in a safe, legal spot. If the vehicle is ticketed or towed within 24 hours of the scheduled trip end, you’ll be responsible.
Some Turo Go cars will include a key to start the car. With other Turo Go cars, you might use the Turo app to start the car instead. Either way, you must unlock the car with the app before you can start the engine. Ask your host if you’ll be using the app or a key for the trip.
- Your host will let you know where they’ve placed the key in the car before your trip.
- Use the Turo app to unlock the car during check in.
- Use the physical key for locking, unlocking, and starting the car during the trip.
- At the end of the trip, make sure to replace the key.
- Lock the car using the app.
If you need more time for your trip, notify the host and request an extension. If you try to start a Turo Go car after the trip time ends, the engine will not turn on. Get in touch with our Turo Go team at (415) 463-3200 if you’re running late and the car won’t start. If you return the car late, we may charge for the additional usage.
If you can’t seem to get the device to work, try these troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure you have Wi-Fi or cellular data to unlock the car at the start of the trip.
- If you’ve logged out or closed the app, you may also need to access Wi-Fi or cellular data to access Turo Go controls.
- Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone and you’re next to the driver’s side door.
- Try to close and restart the app.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app. If not, update it.
- Keys with technology interfere with the Turo Go device. If you’re not using a key to operate or lock the vehicle, store it in the protective pouch.
If these troubleshooting measures fail, call our US Turo Go team at (415) 463-3200 or our UK Turo Go team at 0808 164 1454.