What kinds of photos should my listing have?
We require you to upload one photo when you list your car but suggest adding one of each side and the interior. Use photos to show your guests everything they’d want to know about your car, especially any cool or unique features.
Your listing can have anywhere between one to 20 photos.
How do I add photos to my listing?
You can add or remove photos from your car’s page on the website or app. Photos must be larger than 640x320 pixels but not bigger than 10 megabytes.
To add photos to your listing on the app:
- Log in and tap the car icon on the bottom toolbar.
- Scroll down and tap the listing you want to add pictures to.
- Scroll down and tap “Photos.”
- Tap the “Add photo” button at the bottom. You may be prompted to allow Turo to access the photos on your phone here; click “Allow.”
- Tap the photo or photos you want to add and then tap “Upload.”
- Confirm the photos you’ve selected; tap “Upload” again.
To remove photos from your listing on the app:
- Tap the photo you want to delete.Tap the trash icon in the top-right corner and tap the pop-up “Delete photo” message.
- Alternatively, on the main car photos page, tap the “Edit” button in the top-right corner and tap to select the photo or photos you want to delete. Tap the red “Delete” button.
- You must have at least one photo on your listing, so if you try to delete all of your photos, the first photo will still remain.
To add photos to your listing on the website:
- Go to the “Host” dropdown menu at the top of the page and click “Vehicles.” Under the listing you want to add photos to, click “Edit listing.”
- In the left-hand menu, click “Photos.”
- Click the “Add Photo” button in the middle of the page. (The button won’t show if you already have 20 listing photos.)
- Select the photo you want to upload from your computer.. The picture will take a moment to upload and be added to the listing!
- You can change the order in which your photos appear by clicking and dragging them to reorder.
To remove photos from your listing on the website:
- Click the “X” button in the top-right corner of the photo you want to delete..
- Click the button again when it asks “Remove photo?”
- You cannot remove any photos if you only have one on your listing! If you only have one photo and want to delete it, upload a different photo first, then delete the first photo.
Tips for good photos
If you want to upgrade your listing and attract more guests, you can sign up for free professional photography with Turo’s photography program! If there are no Turo photographers in your area or you prefer to take your own pictures, keep these photo-taking tips in mind:
- Make sure you have great lighting! Take your pictures some time after dawn or before dusk, or at high noon.
- Take photos in “landscape” format. Portrait photos don’t transfer well to your listing.
- Stand at least two yards away from your car when taking the photos and don’t fill the frame with your car. Photos are cropped around the edges when they upload to your listing.
- For interior shots, make sure the car is clean and avoid extreme close-ups and extreme distance shots.
- Use a high-quality camera -- if your smartphone doesn’t have a great camera, use a digital camera instead.
Things to avoid
The guidelines and rules below are intended to keep you safe and to maintain the quality of the Turo platform.
- No text overlay or censorship/black bars -- your photos look classier without them.
- Avoid using filtering or other image-editing programs.
- Keep your license plate number out of your photos, for your safety. Take photos at angles so the plate isn’t visible, physically cover it up with a piece of paper, take the plate off for the photos, or use our photography program to have the image officially edited -- just make sure it’s not in your photos!
- Show your car in its current condition. If the condition has changed significantly (such as any newly broken, damaged, or missing parts), take new photos and remove the old ones. (Update your description as well if this happens!)
- Avoid any public artwork, logos, or messaging that may be copyrighted in the background of your photos.
- Make sure the car itself doesn’t violate any copyright laws, either!
- No stock photos.
- No lewd or indecent content..
- Don’t show any people other than yourself, especially not children, without their consent.
- Make sure your home isn’t in the background.
- Turo does not condone discrimination. If your car features symbolism that is inappropriate, hateful, or otherwise violates our nondiscrimination policy, we may take action against your listing or account when reported.
- Feature dogs, cats, or other animals in your photos only if you allow pets in your car on Turo trips. You can view our Pet Policy here.
- Make your photos unique to the car. If you have multiple cars of the same type and color, don’t reuse the same photos across multiple listings -- instead, make the photos as different as possible (try taking them in different places).
- Don’t feature markings or advertisements from other car-sharing marketplaces.
- Don’t include pictures that feature towing (towing is prohibited on Turo trips).