When to submit a supplement
There are two circumstances in which you might need to request supplemental payment for a claim:
- You find additional damage after we’ve issued the payment for your claim.
- Once they’ve begun working on your vehicle, your shop may discover that additional repairs are needed beyond what was included in the initial estimate.
You or your shop must submit a supplement to Turo within 45 days of the date we issued the initial payment. Supplements submitted after the 45th day are not eligible for payment. The one exception is if the vehicle is actively in the process of repairs on the original damage and the 45 days expired during that time.
How to submit a supplement
Host finds additional damage
If you find your vehicle needs more repairs:
- schedule repairs as soon as the original estimate and payment are issued
- Your shop will file a supplement by following the steps below.
Shop finds additional damage
If the shop finds additional damages, they should:
- file a supplement online or by calling (312) 906-7462 no later than 45 days after we issued the initial payment
- reference the claim number on the estimate
Your shop and Turo’s third-party appraiser will agree on a price for repairs and revise the estimate accordingly. We’ll email you a copy of the updated estimate and instructions for how to receive additional payment for the damage.
Supplemental payments for “resolve independently” claims
Turo can’t provide hosts with supplemental payments it they chose to worked out a damage claim directly with their guests and/or their insurance carrier. If Turo paid the host for the initial damage without charging the guest, we can’t provide a supplemental payment. You can read more about resolve independently claims.