Turo Go lets guests and hosts lock and unlock a vehicle through the Turo app. Hosts can also track their car’s location, odometer reading, and fuel level via the app. Read more about how Turo Go works and the full terms of the program.
Hosts in eligible markets will see a tab labeled Turo Go displayed in their Host Hub. Tap into the tab to see if any of your vehicles are eligible for this program. If so, you’ll see an option to upgrade to Turo Go.
Turo Go is available in Southern California, San Francisco Bay Area, and the UK. We plan to expand to more markets soon. We’ll announce expansion plans to the community as soon as they become available.
- Vehicles must meet Turo’s vehicle eligibility requirements.
- Most vehicles made after 2012 are eligible for Turo Go.
- Vehicles must have a built-in immobilizer (a failsafe that prevents cars from starting without a programmed key).
- Any vehicles that are not otherwise eligible for Turo
- Cars made before 2012
- Certain Mercedes-Benz vehicles with keyed ignitions
- Tesla Model 3
- Exotic vehicle makes including:
- Aston Martin
- Rolls Royce
- be located in an eligible market area
- have a compatible vehicle
- have 3+ completed trips as a host
- meet performance metrics
- Response Rate of 85% or higher
- Acceptance Rate of 60% or higher
- Commitment Rate of 80% or higher
- Five-star trips Rate of 80% or higher
To register for a Turo Go device in the US, we charge:
- $190 one-time installation cost
- $20 subscription fee per device per month*
Once the installation is complete, we’ll deduct the installation cost from your next earnings. We’ll charge the monthly subscription fee to your credit or debit card. If you decide to leave the Turo Go program, we’ll continue to charge you the monthly fee until we’ve removed the device.
*The monthly subscription fee is waived until January 1, 2020.
What is it?
The Turo Go device uses a new technology that works by placing a copy of your key fob into a connected module. The module plugs into your car’s diagnostics port. We won’t cut any wires, and the installation is reversible should you want to remove the device. If you don’t have a copy of your key fob, a Turo Go specialist can help you get one, often at a lower cost than your dealership.
How do I get it installed?
- Register for Turo Go in the Host Hub.
- Schedule a time for a certified technician to install a Turo Go device in your car.
- Remove tracking devices or anything else that may be plugged into the OBD port.
- Allow about an hour for installation.
Where do I get it installed?
Turo Go is available in Southern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. We plan to expand to more parts of the US soon. For now, the primary installation site will be at the Turo Valet lot near SFO or LAX. For hosts in San Diego, we’ll come to you. If you plan to install devices in more than one vehicle at the same time, let your specialist know in advance.
If you need to cancel your installation appointment, notify us at least 24 hours in advance. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or fail to show up, we’ll deduct a $50 penalty charge from your Turo earnings.
Is Turo Go reversible?
Yes! Installation doesn’t involve rewiring your car; it’s non-invasive and completely reversible. To unenroll from Turo Go, contact us to arrange uninstalling the device and removing Turo Go from your car.