If you’re a host with a car in or near London, your guests may incur one of these charges:
- London Congestion Charge: a fee charged to cars that operate in the Congestion Drive Zone (CDZ) of London at weekday peak hours
- Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) charge: a fee for vehicles that operate in the CDZ but don’t meet the zone’s emissions standards
Guests can pay the charges themselves. But if they don’t, hosts can request reimbursement. Read on to learn how guest payment works and how you can easily make and track payments and request reimbursement.
- Guests can pay the London Congestion Charge and the ULEZ charge up to 90 days in advance.
- If the guest doesn’t pay by midnight on the following charging day, a bill for the penalty will be mailed to you.
- Deadline to pay for a charge if issued on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday is midnight Monday. If Monday is a bank holiday, the deadline is Tuesday.
- Include the payment links listed above in your vehicle description to make it easy for guests to pay.
- You must include the fact that your vehicle is not ULEZ compliant in your vehicle the listing of your vehicle to be eligible for reimbursement.
Transport for London account
- If you create a Transport for London account and sign up for auto-pay, you can track the number of days your car travels within the charging zone(s) each month and receive monthly bills.
- You can also see if a guest paid on time. That way, you can pay as early as possible.
- If you have an account, TFL will notify you of charges there instead of by mail.
- The initial cost of an unpaid charge is £160. You have 28 days to pay.
- If you pay within 14 days, the cost is reduced to £80.
- The Reimbursement tool will remain open for 90 days after the trip ends for you to submit your request.
- Turo will reimburse you up to a maximum of £160 for this charge, and your guest will pay an additional 3% payment processing fee to Turo.
- Late payment (past 28 days) and non-payment fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
- We may be unable to reimburse you for charges that are submitted without documentation.