Guests in the United Kingdom must meet certain requirements in order to book cars on Turo. This includes a review of the guest’s driver’s license history and making sure it meets Turo’s needs.
If you were rejected for your driving history, but think it does meet Turo’s requirements and the system made a mistake, you can simply contact Turo if your license was issued in England, Scotland, or Wales.
If your license was issued in Northern Ireland, you will have to take the following steps before Turo can reconsider you for eligibility.
- Contact the DVA Northern Ireland at +0300 200 7861. You’ll want to ask them to allow Turo to access your driving history.
- After doing so, contact Turo and send the following:
- A photo of your driver’s license (with the first few digits of the identification number obscured)
- A photo of you holding your driver’s license next to your face
- A photo of your passport, open to its ID page (with the first few digits of the identification number obscured)
- A photo of the payment card you most recently used on Turo (with the first few digits of the card number obscured); the card must be in your name
- The email address attached to your Turo account
Once you’ve done that, Turo will get back to you on whether your eligibility can be reconsidered. Please note that there are many reasons why a person cannot be approved to use Turo. You can read more about that here.