Hosts set their own rates for Extras and may charge from $0 to $999*. Extras are priced either per day or per trip. If you purchase any Extras, we’ll show you the cost as a separate line item in the pricing breakdown on the trip checkout page.
Extras are completely separate from the car you book. You’ll never be required to purchase an Extra in order to request a car.
Hosts are not permitted to:
- Require guests to purchase an Extra to book a car.
- List Extras that are lewd or inappropriate.
- Use the Extras feature to collect a deposit or “inconvenience” fee.
- List weapons or any illegal items as an Extra.
- List food, alcohol, or drugs as an Extra.
- Offer use of rentable properties such as houses, condos, apartments, etc. as an Extra.
- Offer tow functionality or services as an Extra.
- Violate Turo’s Terms of Service, Prohibited uses, or Community Guidelines.
Guests who notice listings that advertise prohibited Extras are encouraged to report them via the “Report this listing” option on the vehicle page.
Limitations and expectations
Purchasing an Extra does not guarantee that a guest won’t be held responsible for costs related to the abuse of that Extra. Guests should be aware of these limitations:
- If there’s verifiable evidence that a guest returned the vehicle in extremely filthy condition, they may be liable for a cleaning fee reimbursement to their host.
- Purchasing a cleaning Extra from a host does not grant guests permission to smoke in the vehicle.
- Guests who purchase a pet Extra to cover the cost of cleaning and maintenance that results from pet travel could still be held responsible for cleaning charges if they return the vehicle in extremely filthy condition.
Prepaid fuel Extra
- Guests who purchase prepaid fuel do not receive a refund of any unused fuel.
Protection and responsibilities
Extras are not covered under any Turo-provided protection plan. Turo is not responsible for the condition of Extras provided by hosts and is not liable for any damage, injury, bodily harm, or losses of any kind caused by Extras or the use of Extras. Turo is not responsible for any Extra that does not meet expectations, is damaged, or is not returned. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in our Terms of Service, hosts and guests may seek reimbursement related to Extras from one another outside of the Turo platform and without Turo’s involvement. This includes damages or losses caused by, or damages or losses caused to, Extras.
If you purchase a physical item as an Extra, and it’s not provided to you at the start of your trip, contact us to be refunded for the cost of that item.