Extras are optional add-ons you can offer as a way to earn more and delight guests. Extras fall into one of two categories: 1) conveniences, such as unlimited mileage or pre-paid refueling; or 2) gear, such as tents, skis, or picnic baskets. We auto-opt all new listings into offering a prepaid refuel Extra, a guest favorite. You can remove or change the price assigned to this or any Extra at any time. If you decide to offer Extras, they must be in safe, working order and perform as described. To add an Extra, go to your Vehicle listing, select the “Extras” tab, and tap “Add an Extra.” Guests don’t need to submit a trip change request for your approval if they decide to add or remove Extras before their trip starts.
We may remove your listing or remove you from Turo if you violate the conditions listed below. Hosts may NOT:
- require guests to purchase an Extra to book a car
- list Extras that are lewd or inappropriate
- use the Extras feature to collect a deposit or “convenience” fee
- list weapons or any illegal items
- list food, alcohol, or drugs
- offer use of rentable properties such as houses, condos, apartments, etc.
- offer tow functionality or services
- violate Turo’s Terms of Service, Prohibited uses, or Community Guidelines
Additionally, hosts may not request post-trip reimbursement from guests who purchase an Extra for pre-paid refuel, pre-paid EV charging, and unlimited mileage. To avoid submitting ineligible reimbursement requests, keep track of which guests purchased Extras that don’t qualify for reimbursement. You can see purchased Extras in Trip Details.
Extras aren’t covered by any protection plan offered through Turo, so you’ll keep 90% of the cost of any Extras your guests purchase. We typically can’t help with lost or damaged Extras, so it’s important that you set clear expectations about how guests should use and care for Extras. You’re welcome to request guest reimbursement related to Extras. If you do, it’ll be outside of Turo, without our involvement, and in compliance with our Terms of Service.