Hosts may offer a variety of optional Extras to their guests from a list of approved items. We encourage all hosts to include detailed descriptions of the item if they’re providing a physical Extra (e.g., a camping tent) and upload photos of their Extras on their listing.
As Extras may vary in value, we allow each host to set their own prices for any Extras they choose to provide. A host may charge between $0 and $999* for an Extra. Additionally, hosts have the option to set a flat rate for the whole trip or charge per day for an Extra.
Hosts are expected to provide any Extras in safe and working condition, wherein the Extra performs and is as described. Extras that are not as described or are missing should be reported by the guest directly to Turo and to the host.
Trips that include prepaid refueling as an Extra are not eligible for fuel reimbursement after the trip. Similarly, trips that include unlimited mileage or post-trip cleaning as an Extra are not eligible for mileage reimbursement or cleaning reimbursement after the trip.
Extras listed by a host are not covered under any Turo protection plan. Turo will not provide any assistance with damage to Extras or cleaning needs for Extras after a trip.
When it comes to listing and providing Extras, hosts may not:
- Require guests to purchase an Extra to book a car.
- List Extras that are lewd or inappropriate.
- Use the Extras feature to collect a deposit or “inconvenience” fee.
- List weapons or any illegal items as an Extra.
- List food, alcohol, or drugs as an Extra.
- Offer use of rentable properties such as houses, condos, apartments, etc. as an Extra.
- Offer tow functionality or services as an Extra.
- Violate Turo’s Terms of Service, Prohibited uses, or Community Guidelines.
Hosts who violate the conditions above may have their listing(s) suspended or be subject to permanent removal from the marketplace. Guests who notice listings that advertise prohibited Extras are encouraged to report them to our Customer Support team via the “Report this listing” option on each vehicle page.
Turo is not responsible for the condition of Extras provided by hosts, and is not liable for any damage, injury, bodily harm, or losses of any kind caused by Extras or the use of Extras. Turo is not responsible for any Extra that does not meet expectations, is damaged, or is not returned. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in our Terms of service, hosts and guests may seek reimbursement related to Extras from one another outside of the Turo platform and without Turo’s involvement, including for damages or losses caused by, or damages or losses caused to, Extras.
* Values are in CA$ in Canada, euros in Germany and the eurozone, GBP in the UK, and US$ in the United States and all other countries where Turo is available.