Describing or displaying your vehicle as having a feature that it doesn’t have or failing to disclose any issues or damages that it does have is considered vehicle misrepresentation.
We ask that all hosts accurately describe their vehicle’s year, make, model, condition, and features when listing their vehicle and review and update this information as needed. Failure to do so may result in a fine of $100* and loss of host earnings for affected trip(s). Learn more about fees and fines here.
What constitutes Vehicle Misrepresentation?
Actions or activities that constitute vehicle misrepresentation include, but are not limited to:
- Listing your vehicle with the wrong year, make, model, or mileage.
- Not accurately photographing and disclosing pre-existing damages.
- Listing features or functionalities that are not available on the vehicle (AWD, A/C, roof rack, etc).
- Providing a vehicle with inaccurate or expired registration or registration that will expire during a trip.
- Providing a vehicle without proper documentation or insurance.
- Listing a vehicle with the wrong trim package.
- Re-listing or re-enabling vehicle(s) that were removed by Turo for safety, mechanical, claims-related, cosmetic, or other policy violations.
- Listing a vehicle with 130,000 miles/kilometres or more.
- Charging an overly inflated fee for additional miles driven. The maximum price you can set is the greater of either 2x our recommended price or $0.75.*
- Charging unreasonable or unnecessary incidental fees (cleaning, etc).
The misrepresentation of a vehicle either by listing, advertising, photos, messaging, text, or by phone will result in a fine plus any applicable fees to be determined by Turo. Engaging in vehicle misrepresentation may result in removal from the Turo marketplace and/or voiding your protection. The intentional submission of a claim that is for pre-existing damage (whether the claimed damage is fully or partially pre-existing) is also prohibited and constitutes material misrepresentation. You can read more about material misrepresentation here.
* Values are in CA$ for trips in Canada, £ (pounds) for trips in the United Kingdom, € (euros) for trips in Germany and all countries in the eurozone, and US$ for trips in the United States and all other countries where Turo is available.