Turo believes in providing amazing experiences to our guests, and a safe environment for the Turo community. The best way to build a positive experience for your guests is to keep your vehicle legally registered and to be honest about its condition, features, and packages. Describing or displaying your vehicle as having a feature or requirement that it does not have, or not disclosing any issues or damages that it does have, is considered vehicle misrepresentation.
For this reason, we ask that all hosts accurately describe their vehicle’s year, make, model, condition, and features when listing their vehicle and before each trip. Failure to do so may result in a fine of $100* and loss of host earnings for affected trip(s). Learn more about fees and fines here.
AVOID THE FOLLOWING
Actions or activities that constitute vehicle misrepresentation include, but are not limited to:
- Listing your vehicle with the wrong year, make, or model.
- Not accurately photographing and disclosing pre-existing damages.
- Listing features or functionalities that are not available on the vehicle (AWD, A/C, roof rack, etc).
- Providing a vehicle with inaccurate or expired registration or registration that will expire during a trip.
- Providing a vehicle without proper documentation or insurance.
- Listing a vehicle with the wrong trim package.
- Re-listing or re-enabling vehicle(s) that were removed by Turo for safety, mechanical, claims-related, cosmetic, or other policy violation concerns.
The misrepresentation of a vehicle either by listing, advertising, photos, messaging, text, or by phone will result in a fine plus any applicable fees to be determined by Turo. This also pertains to the intentional submission of a claim that is for pre-existing damage (whether the claimed damage is fully or partially pre-existing). Engaging in vehicle misrepresentation may result in removal from the Turo marketplace. You may read more about material misrepresentation here.
* Values are in CA$ for reservations in Canada, £ (pounds) in the United Kingdom, € (euros) for reservations in Germany and all countries in the eurozone, and US$ for reservations in the United States and all other countries where Turo is available.