Turo believes in providing amazing experiences to our guests, and a safe environment for the Turo community. The best way to build a positive experience for your guests is to keep your vehicle legally registered and to be honest about its condition, features, and protection packages. Describing or displaying your vehicle as having a feature that it does not have or not disclosing any issues or damages that it does have, is considered vehicle misrepresentation.
For this reason, we ask that all hosts accurately describe their vehicle’s year, make, model, condition, and features when listing their vehicle and before each trip. Failure to do so may result in a fine of $100* and loss of host earnings for affected trip(s). Learn more about fees and fines here.
AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
Actions or activities that constitute vehicle misrepresentation include, but are not limited to:
- Listing your vehicle with the wrong year, make, or model.
- Not accurately photographing and disclosing pre-existing damages.
- Listing features or functionalities that are not available on the vehicle (AWD, A/C, roof rack, etc).
- Providing a vehicle with inaccurate or expired registration or registration that will expire during a trip.
- Providing a vehicle without proper documentation or insurance.
- Listing a vehicle with the wrong trim package.
- Re-listing or re-enabling vehicle(s) that were removed by Turo for safety, mechanical, claims-related, cosmetic, or other policy violations.
- Listing a vehicle with 130,000 miles/kilometres or more.
- Charging an overly inflated fee for additional miles driven. The maximum price you can set is the greater of either 2x our recommended price or $0.75.*
- Charging unreasonable or unnecessary incidental fees (tickets and tolls, cleaning, etc).
The misrepresentation of a vehicle either by listing, advertising, photos, messaging, text, or by phone will result in a fine plus any applicable fees to be determined by Turo. This also pertains to the intentional submission of a claim that is for pre-existing damage (whether the claimed damage is fully or partially pre-existing). Engaging in vehicle misrepresentation may result in removal from the Turo marketplace. You can read more about material misrepresentation here.
* Values are in CA$ for trips in Canada, £ (pounds) for trips in the United Kingdom, € (euros) for trips in Germany and all countries in the eurozone, and US$ for trips in the United States and all other countries where Turo is available.