Sometimes breakdowns, accidents, or vandalism occurs, but Turo will work with our roadside claims partner, Allianz Global Assistance (AWP), to make sure you can continue your adventure. If a roadside emergency -- such as a tire puncture, key issues (stolen, lost, or locked in the vehicle), wrong fuel type, breakdown, accident, or vandalism -- takes place during your trip, Turo and AWP will provide roadside and transportation assistance.
If a breakdown occurs during your Turo trip, report the incident at support.turo.com as soon as possible. If immediate roadside is required, contact +49 (0)89 244414108. If there is an accident or vandalism occurs during a Turo trip, report the damage as soon as possible (definitely within 24 hours from the incident) by using our resolution center.
Provided Roadside Services:
- On-site roadside assistance - service provided at the breakdown or accident site such as lockout services, battery jump, fuel, etc.
- Towing services - if the on-site service is unsuccessful, the vehicle, including luggage and cargo, will be towed to the nearest repair shop.
Provided Mobility Services:
- Vehicle retrieval - additional towing service provided after an accident, in the event the vehicle is in a hard to access place such as a ditch or embankment, up to €300.
- Additional transportation expenses - if the vehicle cannot be repaired on-site, additional transportation expenses are covered for:
- Up to €150 single taxi ride.
- Up to €70 for a shuttle ride to a train station AND a train ticket (2nd class). An economy airplane ticket can be purchased if the train ride is longer than 6 hours.
- One overnight hotel accommodation for all vehicle occupants (max €80 per person per night) if no train or flight is available on the day of the breakdown or accident.
For trips that begin in Germany, Turo’s Mobility Protection Service Center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in Germany, Belgium, France (with the exception of the French Overseas Territories), Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Monaco, Andorra, Denmark, Austria, Poland, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic.
This coverage does not apply if you (the guest) violate Turo’s Terms of Service, allow an unauthorized driver to use the vehicle, or intentionally cause damage or misuse the vehicle. In addition, Mobility Protection does not provide protection if the damage is due to civil commotions, civil unrest, acts of war, earthquakes, nuclear energy or attacks, or weather-related incidents (flood, storms, etc). Fuel, insurance, or road charges/tolls are not covered by Mobility Protection.