Who and what we cover
You can access Roadside Assistance 24/7 if you’ve booked a trip with a Turo-protected host. We’ll work with our roadside claims partner, Allianz Global Assistance (AWP), to provide you with roadside and transportation assistance. You can use this service even if you’ve declined a guest protection plan. Contact us if your vehicle breaks down, is damaged in an accident, or has some other roadside issue. We’ll connect you with a dispatcher who’ll send a service vehicle.
How to report a roadside issue
If the vehicle you’re driving breaks down:
- Report the incident at support.turo.com as soon as possible.
- Contact your host to tell them about the incident.
Immediate roadside help
- Call +4930 568 37898, and select option 1.
- Report your location and the suspected problem.
- Wait with the car for Roadside Assistance to arrive.
If you’ve had an accident with another vehicle, take these steps:
- Record the driver’s full name, address, and contact information. Get their vehicle registration number and insurance provider.
- Take photos of their car and the damage.
- Get the contact details of any witnesses.
- Provide the other party with the Turo Incident Information card.
- Contact your host to let them know that the vehicle has been in an accident.
- If the vehicle is undriveable, call Roadside Assistance.
- Call +4930 568 37898, and select option 1.
- If you can still drive, continue your trip and report the damage within 24 hours from the time of the incident.
We’ll cover the cost to dispatch help to your location. If service was needed because the vehicle was mechanically unsound or improperly maintained, we’ll charge your host. If the vehicle requires fuel replacement, you’ll be responsible for that cost. If a flat tire that occurs during the trip, you may be responsible for the cost. Read more about flat tire charges.
Vehicle and key responsibility
You’re responsible for the vehicle until Roadside Assistance arrives. If the car’s in an unsafe location, stay somewhere nearby and keep it in sight. Once help gets there, you can hand over the keys. You cannot leave the keys in the car and abandon the car. You’ll be responsible for all costs if the keys or the vehicle are damaged or go missing. If Roadside Assistance arrives and the vehicle is not there, you’ll be charged a €100 fee.
If you’re unable to drive the vehicle, Roadside Assistance will, whenever possible, fix the vehicle so that it’s operational.
Towing after unsuccessful on-the-spot assistance
If on-the-spot assistance is unsuccessful, the vehicle and any luggage or cargo will be towed to the nearest repair show. Turo will cover the towing costs.
Recovery after an accident
If your vehicle leaves the road as a result of an accident, Roadside Assistance will arrange for vehicle recovery. Recovery will also include any luggage or cargo.
Onward journey and hotel costs
If the vehicle can’t be repaired locally within 24 hours, Turo assistance will cover:
- Taxi costs up to a maximum of €100 for a single journey OR
- Taxi costs up to a maximum of €70 for a transfer to a railway station/airport. Coverage includes rail tickets (2nd Class) or flight tickets (Economy Class) if the rail journey takes longer than six hours.
- Hire car costs for one day if no public transport is available.The daily rate of the hire car is not to exceed the daily rate of the Turo vehicle. Hire car costs for up to four days abroad (see scope). The daily rate of the hire car is not to exceed the daily rate of the Turo vehicle.
- In addition, Roadside Assistance covers the costs for one night's hotel accommodation locally for all vehicle occupants (max. €80 per person per night), if no trains/no flights are available on the day of the breakdown/accident.
Where we provide coverage
For trips that begin in Germany, AWP Roadside Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in: Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Federal Republic of Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia*, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia*, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey* (European part), Hungary, Vatican City, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Cyprus.
*In these countries, the benefits are provided depending on local availability and circumstances.
This coverage does not apply if you:
- violate Turo’s Terms of Service
- allow an unauthorized driver to use the vehicle
- intentionally cause damage or misuse the vehicle
Roadside Assistance doesn’t cover damage due to civil commotions or civil unrest. Nor does it cover damage resulting from acts of war, or nuclear energy or attacks. It doesn’t provide coverage if damage is due to earthquakes or weather-related incidents (flood, storms, etc). Coverage does not extend to the cost of fuel, insurance, or road charges/tolls.