Commercial Hosts (hosts who do not use a Turo protection plan and instead opt to provide their own commercial rental insurance to their guests) are required to state any and all applicable fees, policies, or requirements in their vehicle’s public description.
Please note that this article applies to all vehicle hosts outside the United States, select provinces of Canada (Quebec, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Alberta, British Columbia), and the UK. It also applies to those hosts in the United States, these provinces of Canada and the UK who decline a Turo protection plan.
All fees and policies separate from what Turo enforces and charges must be disclosed in each listing, including, but not limited to:
- Insurance costs: Protection plans, collision damage waiver (CDW) costs for both physical damage and liability insurance.
- Financial requirements or restrictions: Amount and type of deposit required, and if only credit cards are accepted.
- Personally-identifiable information: Any information retained from the guest in accordance with their contracts, such as the guest’s personal insurance information, social security number, or driver’s license information.
- Fees and policies: Airport fees, young driver fees and policies, applicable taxes, cleaning fines and policy, smoking fines and policy, late or early return costs, roadside assistance details and costs, delivery details and cost (if not processed via the Turo Delivery system), fuel details and requirements, mileage details and excess mileage cost, etc.
- Commercial Hosts must collect reimbursement directly from their guests for any incidentals. If a Commercial Host submits a reimbursement request through the Reimbursement tool, we will resolve in favor of the guest.
- Any and all procedural requirements that differ from the person-to-person Turo car sharing marketplace experience.
Commercial Hosts who do not update their listing accordingly may be subject to suspension from the Turo marketplace until they have updated each of their vehicles with the correct information. Any guests who encounter a vehicle provided by a Commercial Host where the host has not disclosed one or all of the fines or fees they require at the start of the trip separately from the Turo marketplace should report the incident to support.turo.com.