When you receive a trip request or change request, we’ll message you via your choice of text, email, and/or mobile app. A notification will also appear on your Trips tab. You can either confirm or decline the request there.
How long do I have to respond to requests?
The amount of time you have to respond to requests depends on how far in advance a guest makes the request.
Trip requests or change requests made more than 10 hours in advance
- The request expires in eight hours.
- If you don’t accept or decline the request within eight hours, the trip is not booked or changed.
Trip requests or change requests made four to 10 hours in advance
- For trip requests or changes to booked trips, the request expires two hours before the trip would start.
- For extensions or early returns of in-progress trips, the request expires two hours before the earlier of either the original trip end time or the new request time.
Trip requests or change requests made one to four hours in advance
- For trip requests or changes to booked trips, the request expires in half the lead time. For example, a request for a trip to start in three hours has an approval window of an hour and a half.
- For extensions or early returns of in-progress trips, the request expires in half the lead time before the earlier of either the original trip end time or the new request time.
Trip requests or change requests made less than one hour in advance
- New trip requests cannot be made with less than an hour’s notice, except for Instant Book trips.
- Requests to change a booked trip, extend or shorten an in-progress trip will expire at the end of that time.
If you turn on the “Book Instantly” setting for your car at any of the locations you offer (home, custom delivery, airport delivery), Turo will automatically accept new trip requests for that location for you. However, it will be necessary for you to accept or decline trip change requests for Instant Book trips following the time guidelines outlined above.
A trip is booked when you accept a guest's request for your car. Guests can also book your car without your confirmation if you have “Book Instantly” enabled on your trip preferences. When your vehicle is booked, we’ll message you via your choice of text, email, and/or mobile app, and a notification will also appear on your dashboard.
“Booked" on your Trips tab displays your upcoming and in-progress trips. You can see any pending trips requests or past trips that need to be rated under the Activity tab. If you have multiple cars listed on Turo, you can filter your requests per vehicle when you’re in the Trips tab.
If you believe a guest has booked a trip in your vehicle but it’s not displaying in "Booked," the trip has not been booked. The same is true for trip changes. If a guest contacts you directly to modify their trip, let them know that they must request the change online or in-app so that you can confirm it, and the system can accurately reflect it. If you agree via phone or text to extend a trip and the request is not submitted and confirmed in our system, you won’t be paid for the extra time nor will your vehicle be covered by insurance during that time.
If you accept a request to shorten a trip, you agree to any modified trip earnings that may result. Please also be aware that delivery duration discounts are usually not affected by shortening a trip. For example, if you offered free delivery for trips longer than seven days and the guest shortens the trip to five days, they’ll still have free delivery.
All guests must meet our eligibility requirements, which include being at least 21 years of age. Before you accept a trip request, you can message with the prospective guest and review the circumstances of the potential trip. You can also review each guest’s profile, which may include personal information, the number of trips they’ve taken, and reviews from other hosts. There are higher age restrictions and additional eligibility requirements guests must meet to book “Deluxe” and “Super Deluxe” vehicles.
Only the named driver on the trip has the right to drive your vehicle, unless your guest formally requests and we approve a secondary driver. We’ll notify you if a secondary driver has been added to a trip. You can contact us to learn more about a secondary driver for a specific trip.