I can’t book a car. What should I do?
In some cases, you can fix the problem yourself by taking these steps:
- Confirm that we’ve approved you to drive and have verified all your information. You may have forgotten to enter or verify a key piece of information, such as your phone number, email address, driver’s license, or payment card. Or we may still be reviewing your materials.
- Log onto Turo and go to your Account page.
- Scroll down to see your “Approval status.”
- Look for a notification that explains the issue or gives you instructions.
- You can read a list of notifications and what they mean.
- Check eligibility requirements. Requirements with regard to age, license, identification, and communication differ by region. If you don’t meet the eligibility requirements in your area, you’ll be unable to book a car.
- Check the age requirements for the car you’re trying to book. You must meet established age requirements to book certain vehicles. As of July 16, 2021, you must be age 23 or older to book a car in Canada. Previously approved drivers under the age of 23 are no longer eligible to drive in Canada until they meet this new age requirement.
- Pay any balance due. If you have an outstanding balance from an unpaid reimbursement or claim, you can’t book a car. Follow the instructions for paying an account balance.
- Update your payment card. If you received an error message that we were unable to verify your payment card, you can resolve this yourself. Follow these instructions for verifying and updating your payment card.
- Check your email thoroughly. If there’s an issue with your account, we likely would have sent an email with information and instructions.
- Look through the inbox and spam/junk mail folder of the email address tied to your Turo account.
- Finding and following the instructions in our email is the most efficient way for you to resolve your issue.
- Only contact customer support if we instruct you to do so in the email or in one of the articles below. Contacting us more than once about the same issue won’t result in a faster response. In fact, it may disrupt the process flow and add to your wait time. If you contact us about a final decision we’ve already made, we won’t be able to change that decision.
- Learn more about common account issues. Get information about these common issues that may be preventing you from booking a car: