I can’t book a car. What should I do?
There are a few reasons why our system may not allow you to book a car. You may be able to resolve some of those issues on your own. Others may require help from customer support. And others may be issues that simply can’t be resolved.
If you’re not able to book a car, you may be able to resolve the issue on your own by doing these key things:
- Check your email thoroughly. If there’s an account issue stopping you from booking a car, we likely would have sent an email with information and instructions.
- Look through the inbox and spam/junk mail folder of the email address tied to your Turo account.
- Finding and following the instructions in our email is the most efficient way for you to resolve your issue. See the list of common account issues below that may be preventing you from booking.
- Confirm that you’ve been approved to drive and that all your information has been verified. You may have forgotten to enter or verify a key piece of information, such as your phone number, email address, driver’s license, or payment card. Or we may still be reviewing your materials.
- To check, log onto Turo and go to your Account page.
- Scroll down to see your “Approval status.”
- Look for a notification that explains the issue or gives you instructions.
- You can read a list of notifications and what they mean.
- Check eligibility requirements. Requirements with regard to age, license, identification, and communication differ by region. If you don’t meet the eligibility requirements in your area, you’ll be unable to book a car.
- Check the age requirements for the car you’re trying to book. You must meet established age requirements to book certain high-value vehicles.
- Pay any balance due. If you have an outstanding balance from an unpaid reimbursement or claim, you can’t book a car. Follow the instructions for paying an account balance.
- Update your payment card. If you tried to book a car and received an error message that we were unable to verify your payment card, you can resolve this yourself. Follow these instructions for verifying and updating your payment card.
Common account issues
Check the inbox and spam folder for the email address tied to your Turo account to see if you’re unable to book a car because of one of the issues below. Click the link for each issue to learn more. Keep in mind that the email we sent you about this issue will give complete information about resolving it.
How long will it take to resolve my issue?
Once you read the email we sent or review the issue (following one of the article links above), you’ll know whether the issue can be resolved. If it can, follow the instructions we give you. Only contact customer support if the instructions in our email or in the article tells you to do so. Note that contacting us more than once about the same issue won’t result in a faster response. In fact, it may disrupt the process flow and add to your wait time. If you contact us about a final decision we’ve already made, we won’t be able to change that decision.