Why does Turo need additional photos to verify my information?
What additional photos might I need to submit?
You’ll get an email from our Verification team or an online notification if you need to submit additional photos for approval. We may ask for up to four photos:
- Your driver’s license. Allows us to verify that you have a valid license.
- A selfie of you holding your driver's license next to your face. Allows us to verify that your license is in your possession.
- Your passport, open to its ID Page. Allows us to verify your identity and eligibility if your license was issued outside of the US, Canada, or the UK.
- The payment card that you most recently uploaded on Turo. Allows us to verify that the card is in your name and in your possession.
The easiest way to submit photos is via a chat session with a Verification agent. You can also reply to the photo request email we sent you and attach the requested photos in your reply. Do not paste your photos into the body of your email. Do not submit links to files located on your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. We’re unable to view any of these kinds of submissions. If the website or app prompted you to upload identity verification photos, it’ll give clear instructions for how to do so.
Tips for taking verification photos
Follow these guidelines for taking photos that’ll allow us to complete the verification process as quickly as possible:
- Avoid using the flash setting on your camera; it tends to leave whiteout areas.
- Don’t use filters. It may look as though you’ve tampered with your documents.
- Make sure that all photos are in-focus.
- Preview the photos before you send them. Be sure you’ve fully captured and can clearly read all the information on the documentation.
- Don’t submit any scanned documents. We can only accept photos as it allows us to confirm that the documents are in your possession.
Driver’s license photo
- Take a clear, close-up photo in which all four corners and sides of the license are visible.
- To protect your privacy, you may cover up your license number except for the last four digits, but make sure all other information on the license is visible.
Selfie of you holding your driver's license next to your face
- Take a clear photo of you holding your driver's license next to your face. Make sure your head and shoulders are visible and your full arm is showing, if possible.
- Be sure we can clearly see your face. Don’t wear any hats or sunglasses.
Your passport, open to its ID Page
- This is only needed if your license was issued outside of the US, Canada, or the UK.
- Take a clear, close-up photo in which all four corners and sides of the passport are visible.
The payment card, in your name*, that you most recently uploaded on Turo
- A clear photo of the payment card that you most recently uploaded on Turo
- To protect your privacy, you may cover up all but the last four numbers on your card
- Make sure the name on the card, the expiration date, and the last 4 digits are visible.
*If you uploaded a payment card belonging to someone else, it may significantly delay your approval or may lead to your trip being cancelled.