Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
Turo respects the intellectual property rights of others and takes claims of copyright infringement seriously. Turo will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In responding, Turo will take all actions that Turo, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate and necessary, up to and including the removal of the challenged material and/or disabling/terminating the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Services (as defined in our Terms of service) infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Services by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Services, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a manner sufficient enough to allow us to locate that material, including, at minimum, the URL of the page/account where the allegedly infringing material can be found.
- Adequate information that we may use to contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Each of the following statements:
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
PO Box 373
Pine Valley, CA 91962
Turo’s information is:
111 Sutter Street, Suite 1300
San Francisco, CA 94104
If you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that content or activity on the Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees).