The owner may decide to resolve directly with the insurer for the renter or third party (in plain language, the other person who was involved in the incident). The owner needs to then notify Turo in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving confirmation that the owner has worked directly with the insurer for the renter or third party to settle the claim, Turo will close out the claim. This may also save the guest Turo's $500 processing fee.
Articles in this section
- How can I contact my claims representative?
- What happens when there is a damage claim in the US?
- Additional claims resources
- How do I resolve a claim through renter or third party insurance?
- What happens when a claim goes through Turo's claims administrator?
- How can owners and guests work together to resolve a claim?
- What photos should I take before and after each trip?
- What happens when there is a damage claim in Canada?
- How do I take effective measurement photos for my damage claim?