Where to find it
- Go to your Trips tab.
- Select the History tab.
- Open any trip from the last 90 days.
- Click the button for “Request reimbursement” to open the tool.
- The “Request reimbursement” button won’t appear on trips that are older than 90 days.
When to use it
Here’s an at-a-glance look at what you can and can’t use the Reimbursement tool for.
Use the Reimbursement tool
Do not use the Reimbursement tool
How to use it
You have a set amount of time to submit your reimbursement request, and your guest has time to dispute it. Here’s what to do and what you can expect:
- Make all requests within 72 hours of the trip end time.
- Include a message that describes exactly what it’s for.
- Make sure you’ve uploaded the necessary documentation for your request in Trip Photos.
- Give your guest 72 hours to review your request and respond.
- If your guest disputes the request, we’ll step in.
- If they don’t dispute by this time, we’ll issue the reimbursement.
- Check your next host earnings statement. You’ll see the reimbursement there.
* Values are in CA$ for trips in Canada, € (euros) for trips in Germany and all countries in the eurozone, £ (pounds) for trips in the United Kingdom, and US$ for trips in the United States and all other countries.