- The Reimbursement tool is an easy way to request guest payment for incidental costs. These include fuel replacement, excess distance, tickets, tolls, and small cleaning/smoking fees.
- The tool is for hosts who have chosen a Turo protection plan. It’s not for use by Commercial Hosts.
- See the instructions for using the Reimbursement tool below.
When to use the Reimbursement tool
Here’s an at-a-glance look at what you can and can’t use the Reimbursement tool for.
Use the Reimbursement tool
Do not use the Reimbursement tool
- Cleaning of $50* or less
- Electric recharge
- Excess distance charges of $500* or less
- Fuel replacement
- Smoking fees of $50* or less
- Tesla Idle fee
- Tesla Supercharger fee
- Tickets or tolls
- Cleaning costs of more than $50*
- Excess distance charges of more than $500*
- Payment for damage done to your vehicle
- Smoking costs of more than $50*
- Tickets for moving violations that’ll assess points on your license and want to transfer liability to your guest
You must submit your reimbursement requests within 72 hours after trip end. The exception is ticket and toll reimbursement requests. You can submit those through the Reimbursement tool up to 90 days after trip end. After 90 days, you must submit those requests to Customer Support.
Join Turo Talk today to connect with other hosts. Discuss the host experience, get answers to questions, and find additional resources.
How to use the Reimbursement tool
To use the Reimbursement tool, follow these steps:
- Locate the appropriate trip on your Trips tab.
- Tap the “Request reimbursement” button.
Choose your reimbursement type from the list.
Type a message to your guest describing the details of your request.
Submit your request by sending the message.
If you haven’t already done so, upload the necessary documentation for your request in Trip Photos.
Give your guest 72 hours to review your request and respond.
- The button won’t appear on trips that are older than 90 days.
Check your next host earnings statement. You’ll see the reimbursement there.
- If your guest disputes the request, we’ll step in.
- If they don’t dispute by this time, we’ll issue the reimbursement.
* Values are in CA$ for trips in Canada. They’re in € (euros) for trips in all countries in the eurozone. Values are in £ (pounds) for trips in the United Kingdom. They’re in US$ for trips in the United States and all other countries.