We always expect owners to honor confirmed trips, but occasionally a trip needs to be cancelled for reasons outside an owner’s control. In these instances, owners can cancel booked trips when absolutely necessary. If an owner cancels, you’ll be notified so you can quickly book another car.
Cancellations are inconvenient, and it’s definitely not the experience we’re committed to. If you’ve experienced a cancellation, we’ll make it right.
Here’s what to know and do if an owner has cancelled your trip:
- Your original payment is available for 24 hours to use towards another trip.
- Once you find another car, we'll automatically transfer your original payment to your new trip request.
- If you don’t book another car within 24 hours, your original payment will automatically be refunded to you. A refund typically takes between three to five business days to process.
- If you don’t want to book another car, you can request a refund right away in the app, by navigating to your trip details page from your trip history, or on the website, in your cancelled trip’s details section.
- If you’re having trouble finding another car that works for you, or you don’t have time to look, contact us here.
- When you submit the ticket, select the reason “Owner cancelled my trip”. This will ensure a faster response from our support team!
- You can also call us by selecting one of the phone numbers listed here.
We understand how disruptive owner cancellations can be for travelers, which is why Turo has a strict owner cancellation policy in place to ensure that owners honor booked trips.