We always expect hosts to honor confirmed trips, but occasionally a trip needs to be canceled for reasons outside a host’s control. In these instances, hosts can cancel booked trips when absolutely necessary. If a host cancels, you’ll be notified so you can quickly book another car.
Cancellations are inconvenient, and it’s definitely not the experience we’re committed to. If you’ve experienced a cancellation, we’ll make it right.
In the event that your host may need to cancel because you’re experiencing a flight delay or cancellation, please contact us right away. We don’t want you to be stranded for a situation out of your control!
Here’s what to know and do if an host has canceled your trip:
- Your original payment is available for 24 hours to use towards another trip.
- Once you find another car, we'll automatically transfer your original payment to your new trip request.
- If you don’t book another car within 24 hours, your original payment will automatically be refunded to you. A refund typically takes between three to five business days to process.
- If you don’t want to book another car, you can request a refund right away in the app, by navigating to your trip details page from your trip history, or on the website, in your canceled trip’s details section.
- If you’re having trouble finding another car that works for you, or you don’t have time to look, contact us here.
- When you submit the message, select the reason “host canceled my trip”. This will ensure a faster response from our support team!
- You can also call us by selecting one of the phone numbers listed here.
We understand how disruptive host cancellations can be for travelers, which is why Turo has a strict host cancellation policy in place to ensure that hosts honor booked trips.