My host canceled my trip. What happens now?
If a host cancels your trip, we’ll help you rebook quickly with a similar car from a trusted host. If we can’t find a replacement you’re happy with or if you decide not to rebook, we’ll issue you a full refund. Your bank will take an additional 3-10 business days to return the funds to your account. You can begin the rebooking process or request a refund yourself by taking these steps:
- Log onto Turo and open the Trips tab to see the cancellation notification under “Activity.”
- Tap “Book another car” to see a list of similar vehicles that match your trip dates and times from our most responsive and highly rated hosts in or near your original location.
- Choose one of our suggested vehicles or one you’ve found in your own search.
- Book your new trip with the funds from your canceled trip.
- You’ll see the amount deducted from the cost of your new trip at checkout.
- If the new trip is more expensive, we’ll show you the additional amount due.
- If the new trip is less expensive, we’ll auto-refund you the difference.
If we couldn’t find any available vehicles that meet your needs, you can do your own search or contact us for help. If your host canceled last minute, call us for help rebooking. In the US, call 415-963-4109. In Canada, call 1 888 391 0460. In the UK, call 44 808 164 1454.
If you don’t rebook within 24 hours of the cancellation, we’ll initiate your refund. If you don’t want to rebook and don’t want to wait 24 hours, open your cancellation notification, tap “Book another car.” Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap “Get a full refund.” We’ll automatically initiate your refund. Banks typically issue credit card refunds in 3-5 business days. They typically issue debit card refunds (including Revolut) in 10 business days. Apple Pay and Google Pay may take up to 30 days to issue your refund.
My host asked me to cancel the trip for them. What do I do?
If a host can’t honor your booked trip, they should be the one to cancel. If you cancel, Turo may charge you a cancellation fee. If your hosts ask you to cancel, tell them if they can’t provide the vehicle as scheduled, they have to cancel the trip. If your host needs to cancel but they haven’t, and it’s preventing you from booking a new trip, contact us. In the US, call 415-963-4109. In Canada, call 1 888 391 0460. In the UK, call 44 808 164 1454.
I didn’t cancel and neither did my host. What happened?
If you received a cancellation notice but neither you nor your host canceled the trip, it means Turo canceled because of an issue with your verification. Turo cancellations are effective immediately and auto-trigger a full refund. Your bank will take an additional 3-10 business days to return the funds to your account. If you have questions about a Turo-canceled trip, you can chat with a Verification agent.