My host canceled my trip. What happens now?
If a host cancels your trip, we’ll help you rebook quickly with a similar car from a trusted host. If we can’t find a replacement you’re happy with or if you decide not to rebook, we’ll issue you a full refund. Your bank will take an additional 3-10 business days to return the funds to your account. If your host canceled last minute or you need help rebooking, call us. In the US, call 415-963-4109. In Canada, call 1 888 391 0460. In the UK, call 44 808 164 1454.
To rebook your trip:
- Follow the link in the cancellation email we sent you or log onto Turo and open the Trips tab to see the cancellation notification under “Activity.”
- Tap “Book another car” to see a list of similar vehicles that match your trip dates and times from our most responsive and highly rated hosts in or near your original location.
- Choose one of our suggested vehicles or one you’ve found in your own search.
- Book your new trip with the funds from your canceled trip.
- You’ll see the amount deducted from the cost of your new trip at checkout.
- If the new trip is more expensive, we’ll show you the additional amount due.
- If the new trip is less expensive, we’ll auto-refund you the difference.
In some cases, we may have granted you a one-time credit to help you rebook a trip. If so, we’ll automatically apply that credit if you book a trip within two weeks of receiving the credit. We won’t apply the rebooking credit if the cost of the replacement trip is of equal or lesser value than your canceled trip, and we’ll be unable to return any unused portion of the credit to you.
To request a refund:
If you don’t want to rebook, you can either wait 24 hours, and we’ll automatically initiate a refund of your original payment amount. Or you can take these steps:
- Open your cancellation notification and tap “Book another car.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap “Get a full refund” and we’ll automatically initiate your refund.
- Allow time for your bank or credit provider to process the refund.
- Banks and credit card companies typically issue credit card refunds in 3-5 business days.
- Banks typically issue debit card refunds (including Revolut) in 10 business days.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay may take up to 30 days to issue your refund.
My host asked me to cancel the trip for them. What do I do?
If a host can’t honor your booked trip, they should be the one to cancel. If you cancel, Turo may charge you a cancellation fee. If your hosts ask you to cancel, tell them if they can’t provide the vehicle as scheduled, they have to cancel the trip. If your host needs to cancel but they haven’t, and it’s preventing you from booking a new trip, contact us. In the US, call 415-963-4109. In Canada, call 1 888 391 0460. In the UK, call 44 808 164 1454.
I didn’t cancel and neither did my host. What happened?
If you received a cancellation notice but neither you nor your host canceled the trip, it means Turo canceled because of an issue with your verification. Turo cancellations are effective immediately and auto-trigger a full refund. Your bank will take an additional 3-10 business days to return the funds to your account. If you have questions about a Turo-canceled trip, you can chat with a Verification agent.