To use Turo Valet, your vehicle must meet Turo’s established eligibility requirements, meaning that it:
- Satisfies Turo’s baseline listing requirements
- Is registered and insured in your name (or your company name if you’re a Commercial Host)
- Has a valid license plate number (no dealer plates) with current registration stickers
- Has no warning lights on
- Is clean and free of odors
- Has legal tire tread depth (we require at least 4/32”)
- Is free of mechanical and electrical issues (e.g. windshield wipers, AC, heat, lights work)
If your car fails to meet these requirements or if Turo, at its sole discretion, decides that your vehicle is not suitable for use in the marketplace, we reserve the right to cancel any upcoming booked trips in your vehicle and provide the guest(s) with a full refund. Your car may also be restricted from use in our marketplace until you provide proper documentation addressing any outstanding issues.
You must have your vehicle registration and insurance card with you when you drop off your car at the Valet lot, and both must be kept in the car during the guest’s trip. You or your authorized custodian must also present a valid driver’s license to verify your association with the trip.
Turo reserves the right to cancel your Valet reservation if you’re unable to present the required documents when you check in. Turo may also cancel the upcoming trip if you’re unable to present these documents before your guest arrives.
How it works
Valet attendants handle the key handoff with your guest at the beginning and/or end of the trip. Simply drop your car off at a Valet lot within 24 hours of the start of the trip. At that time, a Valet attendant will take photos, record video, and document the fuel and mileage on your vehicle using the third-party application, Record360. Information is stored and secured in the Record360 database; it’s never shared externally. We document the condition of your vehicle each time it’s checked in and/or out of the parking lot.
We’ll always email you a copy of the documentation when your guest picks up and drops off your car. If you don’t receive this report within 30 minutes of the trip start or end time, contact the Valet lot for an update. If you’d also like to receive a copy of the documentation when you drop off and pick up your car, just let the attendant know.
You must review all documentation provided by the Turo Valet lot staff and report any new damage to Turo using the claims tool within 24 hours of the end of the trip to be eligible for claims consideration.
To use Turo Valet, select “Confirm with Valet” when you receive a trip request for SFO or LAX delivery. You may also add Valet later from your Trips tab by changing your delivery preferences for each specific trip. If you frequently use Valet, you may set this as your preferred handoff on your vehicle settings.
Guest check-in and drop off must occur during the Valet lot's hours of operation -- 6 am to 10 pm every day. We’re unable to assist hosts and guests outside of these hours. Turo will reimburse your guest for their transportation to and from SFO/LAX for their booked trip. Please refer to this Turo Valet article for further information.
You will have up to 24 hours after the end of the trip to retrieve your vehicle and avoid additional parking fees.
If you’re a Commercial Host -- that is, you’ve declined a Turo protection plan and have opted to offer your own commercial rental insurance directly to guests -- you must provide your commercial insurance card along with your vehicle’s registration.
Valet attendants won’t be able to process any additional rental agreements, deposits, or charges for incidentals. Our Valet attendants will also be unable to verify or assist with your guests signing any additional, non-Turo contracts, and these should be completed before delivering your vehicle to the Turo lot. Your commercial insurance card must be provided with the vehicle’s registration.
Commercial Hosts will not have access to the Turo claims tool and must handle any damage claims directly with their guest.
Fees (deducted from your trip earnings)
$4 per hour
San Francisco - $15 per day
Los Angeles & El Segundo - $10 per day
Fraction of days are assessed at the full daily rate
Leaving your car at Turo Valet between trips
You have up to 24 hours after the trip’s end to pick up your car from the Turo lot. However, if another guest has booked your vehicle, your parking grace period between the end of the first trip and start of the next trip is a total of 48 hours. For example, if the first trip ends on Sunday at 5 pm, the next trip must start by 5 pm Tuesday to avoid parking fees.
Turo Valet lots near SFO
- Please note: the address is similar to other cities in the area, so be sure that you are navigating to San Bruno, CA.
- Once you arrive, enter the driveway and turn right towards the Turo Valet office. Park in one of the designated spaces near the office and a Valet attendant will assist you.
Los Angeles Turo Valet lot near LAX
- The Los Angeles Turo Valet lot is located behind the Custom Hotel
- Once you arrive, proceed to the parking lot located behind the hotel
- If you are dropping off a vehicle, drive up the parking lot ramp and a Valet attendant will be available to open the gate for you
- If you are picking up a vehicle, simply walk to the top level of the parking lot where a Valet attendant will assist you
El Segundo Turo Valet lot near LAX
- Once you arrive, proceed through the gate and park in one of the designated spaces; a Valet attendant will be available to assist you