Turo promotions and travel credit
From time to time, we may email or send you a push notification about a promotional offer. We may send a promo code or a coupon with a promo code attached. Once the promo or coupon expires, it is no longer eligible.
To be notified about Turo promotions:
- Log in to Turo.
- Go to your Account page.
- Enable email notifications for “Promotions and announcements.”
To enable push notifications from Turo:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Choose “Notifications.”
- Open the option for Turo and turn notifications on.
Turo doesn’t have a referral program or a program for new users. If we do offer a promotion for first-time users, we’ll notify you and post in the Contests & Promotions section of our Help Center.
Unfortunately, there are several third-party and social media sites offering invalid coupons or promo codes online. We know it’s confusing and disappointing, but these offers are not valid. Unless Turo has notified you by email about a promotion for new guests or hosts to join Turo, there is no first-time user discount. If we do offer a promotion for first-time users, we’ll notify you and post in the Contests & Promotions section of our Help Center.
How to apply a promo code
Promo codes cannot be applied to previously booked trips. You apply most promo codes at checkout. Sometimes you’ll enter a code on your Account page. Check the email for instructions.
Promo codes at checkout
- To enter a promo code at checkout, tap the prompt “Enter promo code” before you finalize your trip.
- These promo codes are valid for one trip only.
- If the amount of the promotion is more than the cost of the trip, you can’t use the remaining amount toward another trip.
Promo codes on the Account page
- To enter a promo code on your Account page, enter the code in the Travel credit box and tap “Apply.”
- These promo codes add to your travel credit balance.
- Turo auto-applies the travel credit to the cost of your next trip.
- We apply available travel credit to your trips until the full travel credit balance has been used.
- Promotional travel credit is subject to expiration after 180 days.
Our Customer Support team may directly add travel credit to an account in resolving a customer service issue. Customer service travel credits don’t require the user to take any action, and they don’t expire.
Some hosts may send their guests a discount code for future travel. These discount codes are unique to the guest. They entitle that guest to receive a percentage discount on the stated amount on their next Turo booking with the host. Discount codes are valid for a single use. The discount code will be voided if the booking expires or is declined, changed, or canceled.
To take advantage of host-given discount codes, guests must:
- receive a discount code from a host
- book a trip with that same host and enter the discount code at checkout
- complete checkout within 90 days of receiving the discount code
- are non-transferable
- are not for resale
- can’t be combined with other promotional offers
- can’t be used for any booking previously made
Terms and conditions
- Turo doesn’t support promotions offered by third party services.
- We accept only official Turo coupons with active promotional dates.
- We can’t apply promo codes, travel credit, or discounts to already booked trips.
- You can’t redeem promo codes, travel credit, or discounts for cash or alternate compensation.
- You can’t gift or transfer travel credit or discount codes.
- You can only use travel credit toward the cost of a booking on Turo.
- Users may not enter into a Turo transaction with a member of their family, household, friend, colleague, or acquaintance.
- Travel credit is always issued in US$.
- Turo reserves the right to change or limit a promotion in its sole discretion.
- Usual terms and policies apply and all reservations are subject to availability.
- Users with a suspended or closed account aren’t eligible to redeem a discount or promo code.
- If Turo suspects fraud, tampering, violations of the Turo Terms of Service, or technical errors, we reserve the right to any remedy. These include denial of the discount or cancellation of your account or booked trips.
- All trips must be in compliance with our Terms of Service.
- If we’ve provided a translation of the English version of these terms and there are discrepancies in meaning, the English language wording takes precedence.