I’m new to Turo. Do I get a discount on my first trip?
Turo doesn’t offer a discount or promo code for first-time users. Promo codes and coupons found on third-party sites aren’t authentic and aren’t valid. Turo customer support agents aren’t able to provide any first-time user discounts.
Do you have a referral link I can send a friend?
Turo doesn’t have referral links you can share. If you’re happy with Turo, we hope you’ll tell your family and friends, but we don’t have a referral program.
Does Turo offer any promotions or discounts?
Turo rewards guests for being frequent travelers on our platform with a loyalty bonus. Find out how you can earn a bonus day on Turo. To be notified about other promotions, go to your Account page and scroll down to Email notifications. Check the box “Promotions and announcements.” Open your phone settings and enable push notifications from Turo.
Do Turo hosts offer any discounts?
Some Turo hosts offer trip discounts when you book early or book a trip that’s 3+, 7+, or 30+ days long. Some hosts offer discount codes for future travel. If you receive a discount code from a host, that code is for your one-time use only. You can’t transfer it to another Turo user, and you can’t sell it. Host discount codes are valid for the stated percentage discount on your next booking with that host and expire within 90 days of receipt. However, if your booking request to the host expires or is declined, changed, or canceled, you can reuse the code as long as it hasn’t expired. You can’t combine host discount codes with other promotional offers, and you can’t use them for a previous booking.
How do promo codes work?
You’ll enter most promo codes at checkout. Occasionally, we’ll send a promo code that you must enter on your Account page. Read the promo notification to confirm where to apply your promo code.
To enter a promo code at checkout:
- Tap the prompt “Enter promo code.”
- Type in the promo code you received exactly as it appears.
- Submit your trip request.
- These promo codes are valid for one trip only.
- Neither you nor a support agent can apply a promo code to a trip that’s already been requested, booked, or completed.
- If the host declines your trip, the booking expires, or the trip is changed or canceled, the promo code will be voided, and you won’t be able to reuse it.
- If the amount of the promotion is more than the cost of the trip, you can’t use the remaining amount toward another trip.
- Promotional discounts apply to the price of the vehicle only. They don’t apply to any applicable trip fees, delivery costs, protection costs, Extras, taxes, or other costs.
To enter a promo code on your Account page:
- Enter the code in the Travel credit box.
- Tap “Apply.”
- These promo codes add to your travel credit balance.
- Turo automatically applies available travel credit to the cost of your trip bookings until the full balance has been used.
- Promotional travel credit may expire after 180 days.
- I forgot to enter my promo code when I booked my trip. Can you enter it for me now?
Unfortunately, we can’t. We can’t apply a travel code to a trip that’s pending, booked, or completed. We can’t apply the promotional amount or discount to your account nor can we issue it to you as a refund.
- I/my host canceled the trip, and I used a promo code. Can I get the code back so I can use it again?
If you use a promo code that you received from Turo, that code is for one-time use only. So if you or your host cancel the trip, or it’s declined or changed, you’re not able to reuse the code. If you used a discount code that you received from your host, you can reuse that code as long it hasn’t expired.
- I have a promo code, but it isn’t working. Why not?
- If you found the code on a third-party online site or received it from anyone other than Turo, the code isn’t legitimate and won’t work.
- If you have a code from Turo or from your host, it may have expired. Check the details of the promotion.
- If it’s a one-time use code and you applied it to a previous trip — even if that trip was declined or canceled — the code is no longer valid.
Rebooking credit and Travel credit
- I got a one-time credit to rebook a canceled trip. What happened to it?
- That one-time credit is good for up to two weeks after a trip cancellation by your host. If, within that two-week window, you rebooked a trip that was of greater value than your original trip, we would have automatically applied the credit to your new trip. If the new trip did not require the full amount of the rebooking credit, we would have removed the remainder from your account since you had the funds needed to rebook. Credit is not redeemable if the cost of the replacement trip is of equal or lesser value.
- I had travel credit on my account and now it’s gone. What happened?
- Promotional travel credit may expire after 180 days. Your travel credit may have expired and no longer be available. We’re unable to add expired travel credit back to your account.
- We automatically apply available travel credit to your trip bookings. If you had non-expired travel credit in your account, check the receipt for your most recent trip(s) to see if we applied it to the cost of your trip.
- If your trip was canceled and you didn’t choose to receive a refund, the funds from that trip appear as travel credit on your account for 24 hours. If you don’t rebook within 24 hours, we’ll remove that travel credit from your account and convert it to a refund that your bank will return to you in 3-10 business days.
Promotional terms and conditions
- Turo doesn’t support promotions offered by third party services.
- We accept only official Turo coupons with active promotional dates.
- We can’t apply promo codes, travel credit, or discounts to already booked trips.
- You can’t redeem promo codes, travel credit, or discounts for cash or alternate compensation.
- You can’t gift or transfer travel credit or discount codes.
- You can only use travel credit toward the cost of a booking on Turo.
- Users may not enter into a Turo transaction with a member of their family, household, friend, colleague, or acquaintance.
- Travel credit is always issued in US$.
- Turo reserves the right to change or limit a promotion in its sole discretion.
- Usual terms and policies apply and all reservations are subject to availability.
- Users with a suspended or closed account aren’t eligible to redeem a discount or promo code.
- If Turo suspects fraud, tampering, violations of the Turo Terms of Service, or technical errors, we reserve the right to any remedy. These include denial of the discount or cancellation of your account or booked trips.
- All trips must be in compliance with our Terms of Service.
- We may have provided a translation of the English version of these terms. If we did and there are discrepancies in meaning, the English language wording takes precedence.