Do I get a discount on my first Turo trip?
Turo doesn’t offer a discount or promo code for first-time users. Promo codes and coupons found on third-party sites are not authentic and are not valid. Turo customer support agents aren’t able to provide any first-time user discounts.
Do you have a referral link I can send to friends?
Turo doesn’t have referral links that you can share. If you’re happy with Turo, we hope you’ll tell your family and friends, but we don’t have a referral program.
How can I find out about current promotions?
To find out about promotions, enable notifications from Turo or check our Help Center.
- Go to your Account page and scroll down to Email notifications. Check the box “Promotions and announcements.”
- Open your phone settings and enable push notifications from Turo.
- See our list of current promotions under Contests & Promotions in our Help Center.
How do promo codes work?
You’ll enter most promo codes at checkout. Occasionally, we’ll send a promo code that you must enter on your Account page. Read the promo notification to confirm where to apply your promo code.
How to enter promo codes at checkout
- Tap the prompt “Enter promo code.”
- Type in the promo code you received exactly as it appears.
- Submit your trip request.
- These promo codes are valid for one trip only.
- Neither you nor a support agent can apply a promo code to a trip that’s already been request, booked, or completed.
- If the host declines your trip, the booking expires, or the trip is changed or canceled, the promo code will be voided, and you won’t be able to reuse it.
- If the amount of the promotion is more than the cost of the trip, you can’t use the remaining amount toward another trip.
- Promotional discounts apply to the price of the vehicle only. They don’t apply to any applicable trip fees, delivery costs, protection costs, Extras, taxes, or other costs.
How to enter promo codes on the Account page
- Enter the code in the Travel credit box.
- Tap “Apply.”
- These promo codes add to your travel credit balance.
- Turo automatically applies available travel credit to the cost of your trip bookings until the full balance has been used.
- Promotional travel credit may expire after 180 days.
My host sent me a discount code. How does it work?
Some hosts may send a discount code for future travel. If you’ve received a discount code from a host, that code is for your use only. You can’t transfer it to another Turo user, and you can’t sell it. It's valid for the stated percentage discount on your next booking with that host.
You can use a host discount code one time only. However, if the booking expires or is declined, changed, or canceled, you can reuse the code as long as it hasn’t expired. Host-given discount codes expire within 90 days of receipt. They can’t be combined with other promotional offers and can’t be used for any previous booking.
Frequently asked questions
- I forgot to enter my promo code when I booked my trip. Can you enter it for me now?
Unfortunately, we can’t. We can’t apply a travel code to a trip that’s pending, booked, or completed. We can’t apply the promotional amount or discount to your account nor can we issue it to you as a refund.
- My trip was cancelled, and I used a promo code. Can I get the code back so I can use it again?
If you use a promo code that you received from Turo, that code is for one-time use only. So if your trip is cancelled (or declined or changed), you’re not able to reuse the code. If you used a discount code that you received from your host, you can reuse that code as long it hasn’t expired.
- I have a promo code, but it isn’t working. Why not?
There are a few reasons why your promo code may not be working:
- If you found the code on a third-party online site or received it from anyone other than Turo, the code isn’t legitimate and won’t work.
- If you have a code from Turo or from your host, it may have expired. Check the details of the promotion.
- If it’s a one-time use code and you applied it to a previous trip — even if that trip was declined or canceled — the code is no longer valid.
- I had travel credit on my account and now it’s gone. What happened?
The travel credit may have disappeared from your account for a few reasons:
- Promotional travel credit may expire after 180 days. Your travel credit may have expired and no longer be available. We’re unable to add expired travel credit back to your account.
- We automatically apply available travel credit to your trip bookings. If you had non-expired travel credit in your account, check the receipt for your most recent trip(s) to see if it was applied to the cost of your trip.
- If your trip was canceled and you didn’t choose to receive a refund, the funds from that trip appear as travel credit on your account for 24 hours. If you don’t rebook a car within those 24 hours, that travel credit will be removed from your account and converted to a refund that’ll be returned to you in 3-5 business days.
Promotional terms and conditions
- Turo doesn’t support promotions offered by third party services.
- We accept only official Turo coupons with active promotional dates.
- We can’t apply promo codes, travel credit, or discounts to already booked trips.
- You can’t redeem promo codes, travel credit, or discounts for cash or alternate compensation.
- You can’t gift or transfer travel credit or discount codes.
- You can only use travel credit toward the cost of a booking on Turo.
- Users may not enter into a Turo transaction with a member of their family, household, friend, colleague, or acquaintance.
- Travel credit is always issued in US$.
- Turo reserves the right to change or limit a promotion in its sole discretion.
- Usual terms and policies apply and all reservations are subject to availability.
- Users with a suspended or closed account aren’t eligible to redeem a discount or promo code.
- If Turo suspects fraud, tampering, violations of the Turo Terms of Service, or technical errors, we reserve the right to any remedy. These include denial of the discount or cancellation of your account or booked trips.
- All trips must be in compliance with our Terms of Service.
- We may have provided a translation of the English version of these terms. If we did and there are discrepancies in meaning, the English language wording takes precedence.