We recommend that you contact your guest 24 hours before the trip starts to check in and confirm their trip.
Before your guest arrives:
- Make sure your Turo insurance card is in your car.
- Make sure all personal items are out of the car; we don’t cover any personal items left in the car.
- Make sure your car is clean and has at least a half tank of gas. We recommend that you fill the tank completely, so it’s easy for you and your guest to confirm the gas was replenished.
When your guest arrives to get the keys:
- Check his or her driver's license to make sure the person picking up your car is the person that booked the trip. You must also check that the license is currently valid.
- Walk around your car and agree on any existing damage inside or outside the car. Document any pre-existing damage using Trip Photos.
- Take photos of the odometer and agree on the starting mileage.
When the trip is over:
- Walk around the car again to ensure there is no new damage; check outside and inside your car.
- Check the gas level and odometer and agree on whether or not the gas was replaced, as well as if they drove additional miles/kilometres during the trip. Take photos of the odometer just in case you need reimbursement.
To report any issues with the car or trip (gas level, additional miles/km, damage, etc.), we ask that you first contact your guest to discuss the situation. Once discussed, email any additional charges that he or she incurred, along with any supporting documentation, to firstname.lastname@example.org.