What you’ll earn
What you’ll earn as a host depends on a number of factors, including some of the choices you make.
- You’ll earn between 65% and 90% of the price, fees, and charges you set, depending on the host protection plan you choose.
- You set your own daily price, delivery fees, and excess distance charges within Turo’s limits.
- You’ll also earn a percentage of any additional usage or late fees a guest incurs.
- No matter what protection plan you choose, if you offer Extras, you’ll receive 90% of their price.
- You’ll also receive 100% of reimbursements for costs incurred by your guests. These include costs for fuel replacement, tickets, tolls, and cleaning/smoking.
- The province of Quebec requires Turo to collect sales tax from hosts there.
How you’ll get paid
US Payment setup
Enter your bank’s routing number and your account number on your Turo earnings page. This information will be stored securely. We won’t have access to your bank account information. The routing information will be stored by a Level-1 PCI-compliant third party that will facilitate the payments. This is the only payment option available for US hosts.
US Payment schedule
For your first trip, we’ll initiate an ACH payment (like a direct bank deposit) for your share of the trip price 72 hours after the trip ends. For all subsequent trips, we’ll initiate payment three hours after the trip ends. If the trip lasts more than a week, we’ll make weekly partial payments. We’ll initiate the first payment on day seven, the next on day 14, and so on until the trip has ended, and you’ve received all your earnings.
Banks usually require 1–3 business days to verify and complete payment processing. Turo can’t override this processing time. Payments are made in US dollars, and you’ll receive no more than one payout per day.
Hosts outside the US
Non-US Payment setup
Enter your PayPal email address on the earnings page. PayPal is the only payment option available outside of the US.
Non-US Payment schedule
For your first trip, we’ll make a PayPal payout for your share of the trip price 72 hours after the trip ends. For all subsequent trips, we’ll initiate payment 24 hours after the trip ends. If the trip lasts more than a week, we’ll make weekly partial payments. We’ll initiate the first payment on day seven, the next on day 14, and so on until the trip has ended, and you’ve received all your earnings.
Funds should post to your account 1–3 business days later. Turo can’t control any holds or reserves on the funds imposed by PayPal. Canadian hosts will be paid in CAD. German hosts will be paid in euros. Hosts in the UK will be paid in GBP. Hosts in all other countries will be paid in US dollars. You’ll receive no more than one payout per day.
Tax on earnings
As a general statement, income earned by sharing your car is taxable. To see your earnings, log in to your account. Click on the Trips tab and select “Earnings” in the dropdown menu. We’ll display every transaction and amount we’ve paid you since you started booking your vehicle(s) through Turo. Learn more about tax on earnings.