What to consider when setting your daily listing price
We opt all new listings into Automatic Pricing where it’s available. However, you can manually set your vehicle’s daily price when you list or change the price at any time. When it comes to pricing your vehicle, consider:
- age and condition
- style/trim and features
- ease of pickup and drop off (in-person key exchange, remote exchange, Turo Go)
- ease of parking (garage, dedicated spot, street)
- other Turo cars nearby
The lowest price you can set is $10/day*. You can offer discounts for longer trips or set custom prices for specific days or specific guests. We suggest using Turo Carculator to help you make a more-informed decision about pricing your car. Learn more about using Turo Carculator.
How Automatic Pricing works
Automatic Pricing is a feature that prices your vehicle for you. It’s available in select Turo markets. While we can’t make promises, we believe Automatic Pricing helps to boost earnings by constantly adjusting your price to match demand. It’s based on a powerful algorithm that considers your vehicle, location, and trip history. It also considers changes in supply and demand based on time of year, day of the week, and local events. It uses all of this information to set the best price for your vehicle.
Although the feature will adjust your vehicle’s price, you can manually control it by setting a minimum and/or maximum daily rate. Automatic Pricing will adjust your prices within that range. If you set a custom price for a specific day or days on your calendar, that price will override Automatic Pricing changes.
How to turn Automatic Pricing “On” or “Off”
You can turn Automatic Pricing on or off at any time. If you turn it off, you’ll need to set a default daily price and any preferred discounts. Here’s how to turn Automatic Pricing on or off:
In the app
To turn Automatic Pricing on or off in the app:
- Tap the car icon at the bottom.
- Tap the vehicle you want to modify.
- Tap “Pricing.”
- Turn Automatic Pricing to “On” or “Off.”
- If you turn it “Off”, enter your default daily price and any discounts.
On the web
To turn Automatic Pricing on or off on the web:
- Choose Vehicles from the Host hub at the top of the screen.
- Click “Edit listing” on the vehicle you want to modify.
- Click the Pricing tab on the left sidebar menu.
- Set Automatic Pricing to “On” or “Off.”
- If you turn it “Off,” enter your default daily price and any discounts.
A trip’s price is based on the daily price at the time of the trip request. Pending requests won’t be affected by a price change. If you cancel a trip because of pricing, you’ll be subject to our host cancellation policy.