You’ll go through the approval process as part of listing your first car. You must have a Turo account before you can list. Learn more about creating an account.
Be sure to enter your own information only. If you enter someone else’s data, you won’t be approved, and you won’t be able to list. Users cannot share an account.
Once you’re approved, you can finish listing your first vehicle. As a host, you’ll only have to get approved once -- not each time you list a vehicle.
Information we need
- Driver’s license number and expiration date to verify you’re 21 (25 in the UK)
- Home address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number (US only)
- A photo of yourself for your Turo profile picture
Vehicle listing requirements
- Meet our eligibility requirements
- Satisfy our maintenance and safety requirements
- Comply with all legal standards and requirements for your region
- Have valid insurance on your car
- Vehicle license plate number
- Vehicle make, model, and year
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- At least one photo of your car, but ideally at least one picture showing the exterior of the car and one picture showing the interior
- A detailed description of your vehicle explaining why guests should choose your vehicle and any special features (sunroof, music system, heated seats, etc.)
Learn more about attracting guests and increasing earnings. Never provide detailed personal information on your public listing, such as your phone number or home address.
Listing on Turo if leasing
Before listing your vehicle, you should review the language of your lease or financing documents and confirm there are no restrictions that would prevent you from listing it on a car sharing marketplace. Hosts in Germany and the UK must get permission from their lessors before listing.