How do I get approved to host?
You’ll go through the approval process as part of listing your first car. You must have a Turo account before you can list. Learn more about creating an account here.
Be sure to enter your own information only. If you enter someone else’s data, you won’t be approved, and you won’t be able to list. Users cannot share an account.
All first-time Turo hosts will be asked for the following information:
- Driver’s license number and expiration date
- Hosts must be 21 or older to list a car. In the UK, hosts must be at least 25.
- Home address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number (US only)
- A photo of yourself for your Turo profile picture
Once you’re approved, you can finish listing your first vehicle. As a host, you only have to get approved once -- not each time you list a vehicle.
What do I need to list my car?
To list your car on Turo, your car must:
- meet our eligibility requirements
- satisfy our maintenance and safety requirements
- comply with all legal standards and requirements for your region
- have valid insurance on your car
- check the policies of your car’s lease agreement or financing terms (if any) before listing it on Turo
When you’re ready to finish your listing, have this information on hand:
- Car’s license plate number
- Car’s make, model, and year
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- At least one photo of your car
- We strongly recommend at least one picture showing the exterior of the car and one picture showing the interior
- More pictures will help draw interest to your listing
- Upload pictures of your car only
- A detailed description of your car that will attract guests:
- An explanation why guests should choose your vehicle
- Any special features (sunroof, music system, heated seats, etc.)
Learn how to improve your listing and maximize your earnings here. Never provide detailed personal information on your public listing, such as your phone number or home address.
Can I list my car on Turo if I'm leasing it?
It depends on the language of your lease or financing documents. Before listing your car, you should confirm there are no restrictions that would prevent you from listing it on a car sharing marketplace.
Hosts in Germany and the UK must get permission from their lessors before listing their vehicle on Turo.
List your vehicle in just a few minutes here.