Before you list your car
You must have a Turo account to list a car. If you don’t have one, sign up now with a personal email address or your Facebook account, Google account, or Apple ID. (If you have an issue using Apple ID, log on to appleid.com and remove Turo from the security settings.) To complete sign up, enter the number for a text-enabled mobile phone in your name.
Before you list your vehicle, be sure it meets our eligibility requirements and maintenance and safety requirements. You must meet the age requirements for listing, which differ by location. If you’re in the US or Canada, you must be at least 21 years old. In the UK, you must be age 21 or older to list in ABI 1-16 and age 25 or older to list in ABI 17-40. You’ll also need to have valid car insurance and meet all legal and insurance standards and requirements for your region. Finally, you’ll need to follow our Exclusivity policy and abide by our Cleaning and disinfection policy.
Be sure to review the language of your lease or financing documents to confirm that you’re allowed to list your vehicle on a car sharing platform. Hosts in the UK must get permission from their lessors before listing.
Before you can list, you’ll have to get approved to use Turo. We’ll ask for your driver’s license and expiration date, home address, last four digits of your Social Security number (US only), and a recent photo for your Turo profile.
Listing your car
When you’re listing your vehicle, you’ll be required to:
- Enter the vehicle license plate number. Make sure your license plate is up to date and you enter it accurately. You can update the vehicle's license plate number any time in the Details section of your car settings. Note: You can list a vehicle that has temporary or similar plates in all regions where such plates are issued. You cannot list a vehicle that displays dealer or trader plates in any region.
- Enter the vehicle make, model, and year
- Enter the Vehicle identification number (VIN), if applicable. If you enter a VIN that matches the VIN of a vehicle already listed on Turo, you’ll be unable to list your vehicle.
- Upload at least one photo of your car. We recommend at least two––an exterior and an interior––but the more, the better. See the list of prohibited photos below.
- Write a detailed description of your vehicle that sells guests on your car. Describe what’s great about it and why they’d love traveling in it. See our advice about creating an attractive listing and giving guests what they want. Keep personal information (phone number, home address, social media) out of your description.
We may remove photos that don’t follow the guidelines below and then restrict the vehicle listing.
- No text overlay or censorship/black bars
- No stock photos
- No lewd or indecent content
- No markings and no advertisements, including advertisements for other car-sharing sites
- No photos that feature towing (towing is prohibited on Turo trips)
- No symbolism that is inappropriate, hateful, or otherwise violates our nondiscrimination policy. Turo does not condone discrimination. We may take action against your listing or account when reported.