Providing guests with an incident information card
An incident information card offers guests proof of vehicle insurance. It also tells them the steps to take if they’re in an accident. The card lists:
- liability insurance information, including insurance company name and policy number
- roadside assistance phone number
- instructions to follow in case of an accident
We require hosts to keep an incident information card in their vehicle at all times. Hosts in California, Oregon, and Washington are also required by law to do so.
Offering proof of financial responsibility
Turo also requires hosts to keep their personal insurance card in their vehicle. If you’ve purchased a Turo protection plan, your personal insurance is not operative during a trip. Coverage is provided by an insurance provider dependent on the country of booking and/or the guest’s own insurance. However, you must keep your personal insurance card and registration in your vehicle. These serve as proof of financial responsibility if a guest is pulled over in a traffic stop.
If you’re a Commercial Host, you must keep a copy of your commercial rental insurance card in your vehicle. Turo roadside assistance and claims processing isn’t available to guests traveling in a car that belongs to a Commercial Host. Let your guests know whom to contact in case of an accident.
Downloading a card
We email hosts a new incident information card each year. You can also download a card at the bottom of this page. Choose the card that matches your location.
- Hosts in the US should choose the card for “US Incident information card.”
- Hosts in Canada should choose the “Certificate of Insurance” for their province. Canadian hosts must also download and keep in their car the “Canada Accident Advice Card.”
- Hosts in the UK should choose the “UK Certificate of Motor Insurance.”
Knowing the limitations
A Turo incident information card doesn’t satisfy state or provincial "Financial Responsibility" requirements. You can’t use them to register your car. You may not use any of these cards for vehicles that are registered in or whose home location is New York state.