Providing guests with an incident information card
We require hosts to keep an incident information card in their vehicle at all times. Additionally, hosts in California, Georgia, Maine, Oregon, and Washington are required by law to keep this card in their vehicle at all times. An incident information card offers guests proof of vehicle insurance. It also tells them the steps to take if they’re in an accident. The card lists:
- liability insurance information, including insurance company name and policy number
- roadside assistance phone number
- instructions to follow in case of an accident
Offering proof of financial responsibility
In addition to an incident information card, you must keep your personal insurance card and registration in your vehicle. If you’ve purchased a protection plan through Turo, your personal insurance isn’t operative during a trip. Coverage is provided by an insurance provider dependent on the country of booking and/or the guest’s own insurance. However, you must keep your personal insurance card and registration in your vehicle to serve as proof of financial responsibility if a guest is pulled over in a traffic stop. A Turo incident information card doesn’t satisfy state or provincial "Financial Responsibility" requirements. You can’t use them to register your car. You may not use any of these cards for vehicles that are registered in or whose home location is New York state. If you’re a Commercial Host, you must keep a copy of your commercial rental insurance card in your vehicle.
How to get an incident information card
We email hosts a new incident information card each year. You can also download a card at the bottom of this page. Choose the card that matches your location.
- Hosts in the US should choose the card “US Incident information card.”
- Hosts in Canada should choose the “Certificate of Insurance” for their province. Hosts in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and Alberta must also download and keep in their car the “Intact Accident Advice Card.” Hosts in British Columbia must also download and keep in their car the "BC Incident information card."
- Hosts in the UK should choose the “Certificate of Insurance UK.”